2007 Dodge 2500 Diesel 4X4 Quad Cab
By David on
2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Laramie 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)
The biggest selling point of this vehicle for me was the Cummins 5.9 and the transmission that they have paired with this truck. It really felt better than the competition and it's impossible to ignore the reputation of that Cummins engine. It is fun to drive even though the ride is a bit rough on the kidneys if the road is less than perfect. A nice seat cushion with memory foam has really helped that situation. I am averaging 18-21 mpg which is impressive for a big 4X4. The experts say that after reaching 10k miles both power and mileage should improve...sounds great to me. The turbo responds nicely to all driving conditions I have encountered. So far, I have really enjoyed this truck!
Favorite Features
Cummins Turbo diesel. Nice grade of leather in Laramie pkg. Tough looks of the truck. Huge alternator output for running those added acessories.
Suggested Improvements
Smooth out that ride by using some type of electronically adjustable suspension i.e. air adjustable shocks similar to aftermarket. Light the controls on the stearing wheel for night driving. Continue to refine the level of luxury for this vehicle. The competition is fast pulling away in this area.