Used 2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 SLT Quad Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 2500 model:

Great Truck
By Ryan

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I bought this truck new and it has the 5.9 HO diesel engine. This is a great truck for pulling a trailer with a loader on it, or pulling your 20' boat to the lake. I now have 35500 miles on it and the fuel mileage keeps improving. Currently averaging 16.5 to 18 mpg at 65 mph. One thing that I would say is get a manual transmission instead of the 4-speed automatic. My last truck was a 1998 dodge 2500 that had a manual instead of the automatic and I got 2 to 3 mpg better fuel mileage. I have not had any problems with this truck and overall would recommend it to my friends.

Favorite Features

5.9 Liter HO Cummins Engine, Manual shift on the fly 4X4, Power heated mirrors, Big Horn edition.

Suggested Improvements

Steps to get in and out of the truck.

6.7 L diesel has major problems
By dog

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

The 6.7L diesel has major problems. The engine clogs. I have had the truck contantly into the shop. Dodge does not have parts available and does not seem to have a fix designed. The engine parts need to be replaced or cleaned constantly. The fuel economy and power drop with each trip to the dealer. I seriously recommend NOT buying a Dodge with this engine. I paln to try to get different truck via the lemon laws in our state. The truck has been in the shop for the same problem over and over and is going in again soon.

Favorite Features

None

Suggested Improvements

Fix engine!!!!!!!!

Looks good but diesel is junk
By terry

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

This vehicle is a the worst reliable truck I ever owned. It has been in the repair shop 8 Times with emissions problems, 1-rear end, and 1 front wheel hub. It appears these diesels made after Jan 2007 are a enviromental emissions nightmare and have to be serviced every 1,000 miles or they plug up the converter, egr valve, and egr cooler. They charge from $350-$1000 each time, I understand the 2008's have the same problem.

Suggested Improvements

They might test these new emissions systems before the sell them to people.

My First Dodge
By Greg100

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I bought the truck to tow a 6,000 lb travel trailer with room to upgrade to something heavier. Our first outing netted 13 mpg at the California mandated 55 mph towing speed limit. It achieves about 22 mpg sans trailer. The driver's door shudders on bumpy roads and is poorly sealed. The transmission shifts down quite hard when coming to a stop. Cruise controls are very awkward. Very rough riding. Love the Cummins 6.7 liter. It has yet to shift down out of 6th gear on cruise control. We now have 1500 miles on it and look forward to thousands more.

Favorite Features

The Cummins engine. It fits in my garage.

Suggested Improvements

For towing RV's, could be lower and more comfortable for long range driving. Better control ergonomics - paddle shifters, adaptive cruise control, gas pedal too vertical, sharp front edge of seat, climate control option, adaptive suspension (stiff loaded, soft in cruise mode), dip stick tough read.

Happy Trucker
By Ramtough

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I recently purchased my 2007 Ram Quad Cab 4x4 with the new 6.7 Cummins. Wow what a powerful machine. The 325hp is apparent when you hammer the throttle. Mileage wise not to bad either 15/18 only 4,000 miles on it so should get better as it breaks in. Comfortable seats but agree with other reviews that the material is a little soft. See over time how it wears.

Favorite Features

Cummins power, roomy interior, under seat storage, Sirius radio, exhaust brake, and the get out of my way front end.

Suggested Improvements

Factory tube steps or steps of some sort would make it easier for smaller framed people to get in and out of as it sits high.