Used 2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Mega Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Mega Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 2500 model:

Gawkers delight
By BLACK BEAUTY

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 4dr Mega Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I spec'd this out for my husband after extensive research. We have a small hot shot business and needed a powerful, yet reliable truck to pull goose neck flatbed trailers. The 6.7 L Cummins was the big draw. I did order the truck with some aesthetic touches that made it easy on the eye and set up good for long drives. We had the problem with the emission light coming on frequently, but that is resolved now. Pulls loads up to 9000 lbs without even knowing it is back there, including through the mountains of VA. In LOVE with the truck and it draws gawkers everywhere my husband goes to deliver loads. Other than the fuel mileage, it is AWESOME.

Power, extremely quiet engine, interior room, comfortable seats for tall people, back seat is like a living room, room behind back seat, heated seats, solid feel, separate ac controls, sharp looks.

Improve gas mileage.

All Business and No Bling
By Matt

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Mega Cab SLT 4dr Mega Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

2007 Mega SLT 4x4 Diesel 2500 If you want luxury and comfort this might not be your truck, buy a Chevy LTZ. If you want reliability and performance this is it. I have driven them all numerous times. Ford is ok, Chevy is alright, Toyota is nice and Nissan is downright awful. The new Ford Diesel might be the answer they have been looking for, time will tell. Chevy has the tranny but the diesel is marginal. Toyota and Nissan do not offer a diesel. I will drive this truck for 200,000 miles to break it in and then go for another 400,000 before I start to even think about an engine problem. Towing is a breeze and the engine brake or "Jake Brake" is a huge plus. 6 speed auto tranny is great.

Without question, Cummins Diesel, there is NO substitute!!!

Front seats are the most uncomfortable pile of rocks to sit on. Laramie is hardly worth the money.

It's not a cab unless it's a MEGA CAB
By The Big Red Truck

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Mega Cab SLT 4dr Mega Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I never owned a truck, but when I came back from Colorado I had to get one. I drove Fords and Chevrolets in Colorado for the company and all were quad cabs and extended cabs. I saw my crew's face after the hour and a half drive and they were not happy, from Meeker CO. to Grand Junction CO. I wouldn't be either! I returned last month with "The Big Red Truck" and I now have a crew of musky, dirty, well worked men who argue to take turns to ride in the cab. The truck drives like a charm. I couldn't see myself in a Ford, Chevy, or some foreign made truck, yet I wonder what would happen if I married my 6.7 Cummins to an Allison Transmission? More POWER?

Got to love the Jake Brake... BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR, Diesel, The Power, 4X4, The Cabin.

Auto dimming side view mirrors, Auto changing info on console between MPG, compass, and miles to empty. That would be nice.

Lemon!
By Katie

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 4dr Mega Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I HATE this truck!! It has been in the shop more than in my driveway. Everything that could go wrong, has. I had a Chevy before, and my husband wanted a Dodge because the 6.7L Cummings diesel is supposed to be the best. I can't wait to get ride of this disaster and buy another Chevy. This truck is a Lemon!!

Electric sliding rear window & the space behind the back seat.

New engine

Mega Cab 4x4
By donny

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Mega Cab SLT 4dr Mega Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is my 4th brand new ram since 2000. The cummins is deffinetly the best of all diesels. It's proven itself several times with its towing, fuel economy and dependibilty. Not to fond of the new look of both the interior and exterior. The tires completely kill the look of the truck. My last ram was a Hemi sport and it definetly killed me having to upgrade to a pickup that doesn't look very appealing. Need to have a sport option and a darker color interior.

Diesel power, back seat (2 kids w/1 on the way), infinity stereo, its a RAam.

Dodge please improve interior, the new center console has no purpose except for clutter, the interior (cloth) is to light in color and the interior overall has no appeal except for size, I'm a huge fan of Ram's sport models but none are offered for mega cab, tires!!! Whats up with the tire size?