2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Mega Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 2500 model:
Gawkers delight
By BLACK BEAUTY on 07/18/08 14:49 PM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 4dr Mega Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I spec'd this out for my husband after extensive research. We have a small hot shot business and needed a powerful, yet reliable truck to pull goose neck flatbed trailers. The 6.7 L Cummins was the big draw. I did order the truck with some aesthetic touches that made it easy on the eye and set up good for long drives. We had the problem with the emission light coming on frequently, but that is resolved now. Pulls loads up to 9000 lbs without even knowing it is back there, including through the mountains of VA. In LOVE with the truck and it draws gawkers everywhere my husband goes to deliver loads. Other than the fuel mileage, it is AWESOME.

All Business and No Bling
By Matt on 05/21/08 11:46 AM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Mega Cab SLT 4dr Mega Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

2007 Mega SLT 4x4 Diesel 2500 If you want luxury and comfort this might not be your truck, buy a Chevy LTZ. If you want reliability and performance this is it. I have driven them all numerous times. Ford is ok, Chevy is alright, Toyota is nice and Nissan is downright awful. The new Ford Diesel might be the answer they have been looking for, time will tell. Chevy has the tranny but the diesel is marginal. Toyota and Nissan do not offer a diesel. I will drive this truck for 200,000 miles to break it in and then go for another 400,000 before I start to even think about an engine problem. Towing is a breeze and the engine brake or "Jake Brake" is a huge plus. 6 speed auto tranny is great.

It's not a cab unless it's a MEGA CAB
By The Big Red Truck on 05/08/08 20:37 PM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Mega Cab SLT 4dr Mega Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I never owned a truck, but when I came back from Colorado I had to get one. I drove Fords and Chevrolets in Colorado for the company and all were quad cabs and extended cabs. I saw my crew's face after the hour and a half drive and they were not happy, from Meeker CO. to Grand Junction CO. I wouldn't be either! I returned last month with "The Big Red Truck" and I now have a crew of musky, dirty, well worked men who argue to take turns to ride in the cab. The truck drives like a charm. I couldn't see myself in a Ford, Chevy, or some foreign made truck, yet I wonder what would happen if I married my 6.7 Cummins to an Allison Transmission? More POWER?

Lemon!
By Katie on 05/02/08 13:02 PM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 4dr Mega Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I HATE this truck!! It has been in the shop more than in my driveway. Everything that could go wrong, has. I had a Chevy before, and my husband wanted a Dodge because the 6.7L Cummings diesel is supposed to be the best. I can't wait to get ride of this disaster and buy another Chevy. This truck is a Lemon!!

Mega Cab 4x4
By donny on 11/26/07 12:47 PM (PST)

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Mega Cab SLT 4dr Mega Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is my 4th brand new ram since 2000. The cummins is deffinetly the best of all diesels. It's proven itself several times with its towing, fuel economy and dependibilty. Not to fond of the new look of both the interior and exterior. The tires completely kill the look of the truck. My last ram was a Hemi sport and it definetly killed me having to upgrade to a pickup that doesn't look very appealing. Need to have a sport option and a darker color interior.

Dodge 2500 Mega Cab
By vc79 on 06/29/07 03:11 AM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Mega Cab SLT 4dr Mega Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is the first Chrysler product I have owned and I am surprisingly pleased with the overall quality. The Cummins is very reliable and powerful. Used the plug in heater during the winter and had no problems with cold morning starts. As for traveling, my kids love the space in back. Trips are not a problem anymore. Mind you, this is a huge truck. Compact parking spots are not an option. Yet for the interior room and carrying capacity, I can walk the extra few feet. Entry and exit with the 4x2 is much easier than the 4x4. Although it is a truck, the ride is quite comfortable and the diesel noise is not overbearing. Fantastic buy. I am now hooked on Dodge.

A great truck and daily driver
By Bill on 06/28/07 20:52 PM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Mega Cab SLT 4dr Mega Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is my third Dodge Ram, but I am not Dodge loyal. We spend too much money on vehicles to blindly buy one brand over another. I test drove the new Chevy and looked at the Fords. Ford diesel scares me due to the notorious problems, and the Chevy's new interior was undesirable, at least to me. Mine is the 5.9l Diesel, but that was not selectable above. So far I've been on several trips, and the fuel mileage has gone up with every fill up. Currently I am getting 19.5 mpg hwy and 13 mpg city. My commute is only 4 miles with 6 stop lights so my city mileage is absolute worst case scenario. The Cummins is a great add on; resale and reliability of the diesel makes the extra cost worth it.

Surviving the Stigma
By commuter on 01/22/07 05:06 AM (PST)

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Mega Cab SLT 4dr Mega Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Growing up anti-Chrysler, it was hard for me to be objective to shopping for a new truck. The more I compared, the more I liked the Cummins Dodge. As a total package,this is a complete work truck with great motor, function, and fuel economy.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.