2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 2500 model:
2007 Dodge Ram Quad Cab 2500 4x4 5.9L Diesel
By trlblaz on 11/04/11 18:44 PM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Laramie 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

My truck has experienced the "Death Wobble" at least a dozen times. The dealer will not fix the problem even though there is a technical service bulletin# 22-005-06. I had the problem fixed by a non dealer mechanic but it will cost $3000 to have the front steering and axle rebuilt. Parts inclued: 2009 Steering Upgrade Kit $400 plus labor, Ball Joints $600 plus labor, Steering Stabilizer $200 plus labor, new needle bearing in the steering box $200 plus labor, and a 4 wheel steering alignment $100. Also, make sure you have good E rated tires with the correct air pressure for the tire size. The problem is more common on 4x4 trucks with a diesel engine due to the weight of the engine.

Love the Commins (kinda long)
By jmacgregor87 on 06/22/11 13:41 PM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Laramie 4dr Quad Cab 4WD LB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have an 2007.5, 6.7 Commins w/6 speed auto. I use it to mainly to pull my boat. I live in the NW and do mainly mixed driving. It has only 26K miles on it as its is not my primary vehical. This is a towing machine. At times I almost forget I have 8,000 lbs. behind me. I know some 3/4 tons can tow that. My last truck was a gas 3/4 ton and was rated for that much. It was working way to hard. Gas milage is great and will get better with age. In mixed driving about 13. Get it on the Freeway about 20 mpg's @ 65 running on 35's.

6.7 Has been nothing but trouble
By Richard on 05/13/10 06:10 AM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 ST 4dr Quad Cab 4WD LB (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I bought the new Dodge 6.7 when it came out, What a mistake! I have had nothing but trouble with the emmisions have had the truck in the shop 5 times for the PDF filter stopping up. I don't think that the regenaration system is working and have brought that to dodges attention but they insist it is working. Engine light has been on 90% of the time I have owned this truck. Bring back the 5.9 please. My brother has a 2007 with the 5.9 and has had NO PROBLEMS. The 6.7 has been a sore in my side since aI bought it the best thiong on the engine of this truck is the jake brake system and the 6 speed transmission. Take that and bring back the 5.9 and you will have something. 6.7 IS A LEMON!

last of the 5.9s
By case on 03/09/10 15:06 PM (PST)

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

Bought truck with 20k on it. 2 years later have 160,000. Change oil regularly. 1 trans flush. Only been in shop twice for a total of 200 dollars. I drive all over the state of Texas to job sites in the middle of nowhere spend all day in 4wd at job sites and then get back on road for another long trip. I have had them all. Strokes, Maxes, all of them and the 5.9 is by far the best ever. Have the auto trans and have had absolutely no problems with it. If you are looking for a diesel HD don't even think twice about a Dodge Cummins. Just buy it. They will solve the emission problems. The Cummins is the simplest design and the toughest and the most reliable, etc, etc..

Great Truck
By Ryan on 12/07/09 13:27 PM (PST)

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I bought this truck new and it has the 5.9 HO diesel engine. This is a great truck for pulling a trailer with a loader on it, or pulling your 20' boat to the lake. I now have 35500 miles on it and the fuel mileage keeps improving. Currently averaging 16.5 to 18 mpg at 65 mph. One thing that I would say is get a manual transmission instead of the 4-speed automatic. My last truck was a 1998 dodge 2500 that had a manual instead of the automatic and I got 2 to 3 mpg better fuel mileage. I have not had any problems with this truck and overall would recommend it to my friends.

6.7 L diesel has major problems
By dog on 05/10/09 16:23 PM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

The 6.7L diesel has major problems. The engine clogs. I have had the truck contantly into the shop. Dodge does not have parts available and does not seem to have a fix designed. The engine parts need to be replaced or cleaned constantly. The fuel economy and power drop with each trip to the dealer. I seriously recommend NOT buying a Dodge with this engine. I paln to try to get different truck via the lemon laws in our state. The truck has been in the shop for the same problem over and over and is going in again soon.

Decent Truck
By Decent Truck on 03/05/09 07:15 AM (PST)

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 ST 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I have owned this truck for 16 months. Overall it has been a decent truck. The truck has been back to the dealer 3-4 times for emission problems. I feel this is an ongoing issue that may never be resolved on the truck.I use the truck to drive to and from work and to pull trailers on the week-ends.The truck works great for that.

6.7 needs to be driven!
By Greg on 01/06/09 17:36 PM (PST)

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab LB (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I have had my 2007 Dodge 3500 6.7 for a year and 12000 miles and love it. You need to drive these things like you are borrowing them ie. get on them! Helps to keep them clean, and is a lot of fun. Don't just drive them in town. I pull a 5th wheel rv with great ease and get 14mpg doing it, and 17-20 without it.

Ram 2500 6.7L diesel
By Keola on 12/23/08 06:07 AM (PST)

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 ST 4dr Quad Cab LB (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I have owned my Ram for 15 months and have had to bring it to the shop a few times, but the dealership took care of it. I love this truck, tons of power, but marginal fuel economy. Avg 17mpg. I put a leveling kit and some beefier tires and with this winter weather in Washington I have been able to drive anywhere. We take long road trips every chance we get and our Cummins continues to purr. I love it

Looks good but diesel is junk
By terry on 11/24/08 15:18 PM (PST)

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

This vehicle is a the worst reliable truck I ever owned. It has been in the repair shop 8 Times with emissions problems, 1-rear end, and 1 front wheel hub. It appears these diesels made after Jan 2007 are a enviromental emissions nightmare and have to be serviced every 1,000 miles or they plug up the converter, egr valve, and egr cooler. They charge from $350-$1000 each time, I understand the 2008's have the same problem.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.