2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Consumer Review: Go Cummins Diesel

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 - Consumer Review

Go Cummins Diesel
By Go Cummins on

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD LB (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

We needed a heavy tow rig with 4 wheel drive and economy. We have had the Dodge for over 3 years and 65K on it. No problems. Have upgraded rr suspension with supersprings, swaybar and ranchos, but we carry a 3k camper and tow a 3 horse trailer with draft horses, so we are 19k going down the road. We get 13 to 14 loaded and have done 23 empty. What i liked about the truck is it is set up well stock with big exhaust, nice alloy wheels, tow package, etc. so there was not a lot it needed. My stock tires went 58k, and I just did the ft. brakes at 62k. I run synthetic fluids all around. We plan on running the Dodge for a minimum 10 years at 20k per year, so we are right on plan and happy!!!

Diesel power and longevity, economy. Limited slip stock, trip computer works well. Heat and a/c controls are good and easy to use. Towing mirrors are excellent when in use and easy to move back to normal. I like the flat floor option in the back and use it quite a bit.

Pyrometer and transmission temp gauges and a brake controller should come with the towing package, or offer an upgraded tow package with those items. I would agree, those seats are a bit hard!