BALL JOINTS AND U-JOINTS
By BooDizzle on
2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 SLT 4dr Mega Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)
Cummins Diesel will tow anything on you can think of. But the downfall on my truck is the front suspension components and the weak transmission. I love the truck to death, yet hate the front components. Family of five can go on 1000+ mile trips comfortably while refueling only once. The enormous fuel tank allows this. Added 4.5Inch Exhaust, AFE Stage 2 Intake and also a Hypertech Econ Tuner to increase fuel mileage. My truck is definitely a workhorse!
Favorite Features
Love the interior space, love the Cummins engine. Love the fuel mileage compared to gas powered trucks. This 9000lb Beast gets better highway mileage than my wifes 2005 Honda Pilot. And can do it consistently at 80-85MPH. Love the truck but I hate the front weak components!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Suggested Improvements
Give the heavy duty trucks heavy duty components in the front end, the heavy diesel engine literally destroys the lame 1/2 ton ball joints and destroys the weak stock u-joints. Give me the heavy duty performance we paid for. $50K plus for this truck, but end up paying $3000-$4000 annually in costs