2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 2500 model:
'06 Ram 2500 QC 4x4 CUMMINS 4x4
By hector on 04/08/06 07:49 AM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Laramie 4dr Mega Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Truck of trucks. If you are looking for a heavy duty Ram, the Cummins should be your only choice especially with a 4x4. I thought hard about the mega cab but then realized I don't ride in the back seat so I stuck with the quad cab. This is my second Ram with the first being a '96. Fit and finish has come a long way in 10 years like it should. The interior is a bit boring and the plastic wood trim is horrible any way you look at it but can be replaced after market with ease. The ride is smooth, acceleration is better than I thought it would be in a diesel 4x4. Mileage is 15 according to the trip computer with mostly city driving. Stock ride height is taller than Super Duty or Chevy

The King of Trucks!
By jtray on 03/24/06 22:22 PM (PST)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Laramie 4dr Mega Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Traded in my 04' Quad Cab 2500 diesel for the new Mega Cab. Couldn't be happier. More horsepower, more options, and the kids don't kick the back of my seat anymore! I got every single option except the snow plow! Love the navigation and overhead DVD is great - kids can even select a satelite station to listen to in the back seat. Great new color too - Khaki metallic. It's beautiful with 4" lift and Weld wheels with 35" Toyo mud terrains.

500 Miles on 2006 Ram Cummins
By Dodgeowner on 03/22/06 15:50 PM (PST)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

Design and quality of fit and finish are up there with the best. Power is impressive, especially when climbing passes in the Colorado Rockies. Heater gets hot enough to cook a meal. Will do a follow-up after 1 year.

I love my Dodge Truck
By Bill on 03/20/06 19:56 PM (PST)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Laramie 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I had traded my 2003 Dodge ram Qc 4X4 for an economy car. What a mistake that was. So then I put myself back into the market for a truck. I really enjoyed my '03, but wanted to see what the others had to offer. I drove the toyota, Ford, Chevy, and Nissan. It was not hard to find my favorite. They all offer something a bit better than their competitors, but the Dodge won hands down in nearly every category. The Hemi is a very strong motor. The transmission does a great job, though a bit slow to down shift at slower speed maneuvers. The interior is logical and roomy; comfortable for long trips, as well as a daily driver. All in all, I am happy to recommend this truck to anyone.

First Ram
By Backwoods on 03/14/06 18:58 PM (PST)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Laramie 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

X Ford, had concerns about their diesel (6.0). We choose the Ram because of the engine and body profile. The biggest factor, full 4 door (short distance, 6'plus men NOT an issue). The short wheelbase allows maneuvering in parking lots much easier than the others 4 drs, granted they have more room. Only have 2000 miles to date, so reliability is yet to be seen. Had a couple of engine lights issues, apparently cold air setting off sensors.

Sweet ride
By lshultz on 03/06/06 12:45 PM (PST)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

This is my first new Dodge Ram with a Hemi , the power is great,the 6 speed is still a little tight.gas mpg only 12, I only have 556 miles on it to date.and yes it is SWEET !!!

Tough as nails and rides beautiful.
By Mystro on 03/03/06 07:09 AM (PST)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

This is "THE" truck for serious truck owners. Considering all the "play" trucks from the import market that claim to be a full size truck, the Dodge Ram truely is in every way. I can't believe how well this heavy duty truck drives. Its like driving a freight train carved out of a block of steel. No rattles, creaks or growns. The Hemi motor is unbelievably powerful and the huge front and rear anti-lock disc brakes stop this mammoth truck on a dime. Fit and finish is excelent. After driving the other 2006 full-size trucks, The 2500 HD as a complete package, has no equal.

The best truck there is HONESTLY
By SlickGamer050 on 01/10/06 15:24 PM (PST)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

An unbelievable truck. It beats the competion performance wise and well as in comfort and safety. Better than ford, Chevy, Toyota, Nissan, Honda, and GMC. You literally have to drive this truck to understand what I'm trying to tell you. If you get this truck, you will love it.

Mega cab is the way to go
By Philip Mathias on 01/09/06 21:04 PM (PST)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 SLT 4dr Mega Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I needed an office on wheels that could haul and tow large loads with ease and still be a pleasure to drive. This truck is the ticket, tough, good looking, roomy, a pleasure to drive or just to ride in

Dodge Diesel is the ONLY way to go!
By kh on 12/31/05 01:50 AM (PST)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Laramie 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

We bought a 2005 Laramie 2500 Dodge 4x4 with the Cummins Turbo Diesel. There isn't a diesel engine on the market as reliable (my company buys Ford, so I do have some experience). We are getting on average 19mpg out of a big, heavy 4x4 truck. When towing our boat, we don't even know it's there! Same with our Horse! If you are considering a diesel truck, the Dodge with the Cummins is the best one out there. The Cummins has fewer moving parts than the Ford or Chevy diesel engines, which means, less to fail. Power is unreal! Pulls over the Rocky Mountains with out even downshifting! Stop reading about it and go buy one!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.