2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 2500 model:
Dodge Diesel is the ONLY way to go!
By kh on 12/31/05 01:50 AM (PST)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab Laramie 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

We bought a 2005 Laramie 2500 Dodge 4x4 with the Cummins Turbo Diesel. There isn't a diesel engine on the market as reliable (my company buys Ford, so I do have some experience). We are getting on average 19mpg out of a big, heavy 4x4 truck. When towing our boat, we don't even know it's there! Same with our Horse! If you are considering a diesel truck, the Dodge with the Cummins is the best one out there. The Cummins has fewer moving parts than the Ford or Chevy diesel engines, which means, less to fail. Power is unreal! Pulls over the Rocky Mountains with out even downshifting! Stop reading about it and go buy one!

Not completely happy
By aitkenwd on 12/19/05 12:09 PM (PST)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab LB (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I am quite disappointed with the fact that I got some bad Diesel and now my 2500 "Heavy Duty" will not run. It has been in the shop for 4 days short of a month. To beat all, neither the factory nor the extended warranty coveres this repair.

Upgraded hemi to cummins
By pgfault on 12/12/05 01:24 AM (PST)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I just traded my 2005 Ram 2500 QC 4WD SB ST w/ HEMI+M5 to a 2006 QC 4WD SB SLT w/ Cummins+A4. The HEMI + M5 tranny were OK, but a bit weak, and hard on gas at 11mpg (13 on a very good day). The M5 wasn't particularly good at in-town driving. Highway driving wasn't any better because of too much gear. The Cummins + A4 is a different story. When empty, the truck is quite sporty and the A4 has pretty decent road manners. I can't wait to put it to the towing test. Fit and finish are very good on the '06. Road and engine noise are quite acceptable. Overall, a very good, powerful, truck for the money.

Outstanding truck for price
By coalbucket on 10/27/05 19:38 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

Been very pleased with performance and styling of truck. Creature comforts have come along way. Quad cab still lacking in rear space, but only down fall to the truck.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.