Used 2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab Consumer Reviews - 44 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 2500 model:

2006 Dodge Diesel
By John

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD LB (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

This Dodge diesel is a verry good truck, fun to drive and a lot more pickup speed than a Chevy Duramax diesel. I drove a Duramax for abought 5000 miles or so and there is no compairison to the Dodge diesel except for the fuel mileage. I get abought 15 to 16 mpg on the highway. I put on 300 to 400 highway miles on a week. Even with a k&n intake kit no better mileage. I have just over 20,700 miles on it and it's going back for the 2nd time to be looked at for the mileage problem.

Fun to drive. Lots of power. Excellent handling. Excellent sound system

Needs better mileage

Jakes 2500
By richjowens

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

Sweet truck. Drives and handles very well. It's not sloppy feeling like the other brands.

Seating is very comfortable, ergonomics are well thought out..

Better fuel mileage! Come stock with steps for the 4wd models, and darker factory window tint..

2006 RAM 2500 QUAD CAB SLT 4X4
By hdsimon

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD LB (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I think 4x4's should come with on and off road tires standard. Highway tires are useless in the field when the ground are wet. Also they should have kept the ashtray on the dash instead of the little cupholder ashtray. And they should had kept the adjustable cup holders. Plus they need to put back the bag clip on the dashboard. Basicly I like the 2003 dash setup better than the 2006 models. I wish they kept the (DEE) 6 speed standard transmission because I got better fuel mileage with it.I'm getting 21mpg a round town and 19 on the highway running 70mph. With the tranny Iwas get 23mpg in town and on the highway 28 to 30mpg. I also I miss the power lumbar.

Put the ashtray back on the dash. Put the adjustable cup holder back. And put back the power lumbar back on the seat. It's differcult to adjust while driving down the road. Set the overdrive up when you are running 70mph. It's not running at 2500rpms. Have it set at 2000rpms.

Last one
By BACK N BLACK

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab Laramie 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

This will be the last truck I buy. I have waited years to own one and I finally do. The only thing I am looking for is more assessories and performance parts. I love this truck.

Everything about the truck, in my sons word, rocks.

Softer seats, more assessories

WOW!
By PP

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab Laramie 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

Absolutely by far the best diesel on the market. You will never regret buying this truck. Ford guys drive by me and give the thumbs up with Super Duty Envy ;)

Everything!