2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 2500 model:
That's fun
By Dave on 07/07/08 17:34 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I just purchased this truck used with 22k miles. I traded in my 01 Cummins and have zero regrets. With the six speed manual the 5.7 Hemi can be really fun to drive. The kids have plenty of room in the backseat and the front offers plenty of room for both driver and passenger.

A truck worth the money....
By bubulina on 05/03/08 12:07 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

Excellent power, comfort, style, fuel/mileage(19 city-22 highway), good materials, worth the money. Don't like the smoke when i have to accelerate fast, can't find anything else to complain of.

Rust
By tmlentz on 04/23/08 18:19 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

Has rust on the inside of doors and not even 2 yrs old! Dealer repainted! I feel like it has cancer! Its been treated but will it come back and how bad? That speakers crackle a lot! The plastic around the fuel spout is cracking! Water will actually stain the seats! I purchased the truck with the intention of driving it till the wheels fall off! Now I am scared the body will be gone way before that!

Great Truck
By WLC on 04/22/08 18:26 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

This is a great truck. Have had the other models but like this one the best as far as the ride and handling.

This truck is everyone I had hoped for
By Nicky on 04/19/08 12:46 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I have owned my 2006 Dodge Ram 2500 SLT 4WD QUAD CAB 5.7L now about 20 months and I do not have a single complaint. It is extremely reliable and fun to drive and pretty much rides like a refined truck. I get over 15 mpg driving it easy to and from work and around town and if I drive it hard the mileage drops to around 13.5 mpg. Handling and braking are excellent as is the interior functionality and comfort with plenty of storage space under the rear seat.

5.9 Cummuns
By ptff on 03/31/08 13:02 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab Laramie 4dr Quad Cab 4WD LB (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I have the Cummins in mine and it is awesome. The fuel mileage around town is about 16.9 usually and on the highway between 20.5 and once I got 23. When the motor runs above 2000 rpm the mileage falls pretty quickly. I have the 373 gear so I can still run around 70 mph with good mileage.I have driven it off rd. on the beach in NC and it did very well the motor has so much low end that it has no trouble at all. I won't take in the mud so I won't be able to report on that,it's to nice of a truck. I plan on keeping this truck forever and hopefully it will be the last p/u I ever have to purchase. I want a Challenger, Camaro or must. Once I pay this off in around 3 yrs.

Love the Cummins
By Thomas on 02/24/08 11:41 AM (PST)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

Put 30k on in the first year. For the most part the truck is great. Have owned several Cummins Dodges. Spend a lot of time in the diesel performance arena, and nothing beats the Cummins. Considerably better trucks than my past Cummins Dodges. Better brakes, better ride, better stock power and better stability for heavy towing. Mileage will never match the older 12v's. Too much stock power and emmissions equipment to have great mileage. Still much better and more powerful than any gas engine. Will buy more Cummins Dodges. Five in the family now.

Happy towing.
By J.D. on 02/14/08 20:02 PM (PST)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

Since purchasing new in August of2006 I've put 25,000 trouble free miles on this truck. I have been pleasantly surprised that the thing still feels solid with no rattles or squeeks. The 5.9 Cummins turbo diesel engine is great, tows my trailer with ease. It has over 7000 miles with thetrailer behind it so far and many more miles carrying heavyloads in the bed. The fuel mileage is decent for a 7000lb. vehicle but the mileage while towing is where it really shines. Overall I have been very pleased with this truck.

The best truck I have owned so far
By denis on 01/01/08 12:17 PM (PST)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I have the 5.9 diesel, and it has been an incredible truck. I like the power,I can haul everything that I need for work, and it is comfortable to drive long distances in

Overpriced & Underpowered!
By Matt on 12/07/07 12:47 PM (PST)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

My 06 2500 Hemi is the worst truck I have ever owned. It has no power. I pull a #5000 trailer and feels like I am pulling a #20000 trailer. There is no power pulling up hills and shifts all of the time. Fuel mileage is absolutely terrible. I usually get 7.5 mpg pulling and 12 mpg without. Interior is plain and overall offers nothing special. I can't wait to trade back to a Chevy/GMC. The ride is average. If you are not a die-hard Dodge fan, I guarantee you will be disappointed.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.