2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 2500 model:
Go Cummins Diesel
By Go Cummins on 03/15/09 19:19 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD LB (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

We needed a heavy tow rig with 4 wheel drive and economy. We have had the Dodge for over 3 years and 65K on it. No problems. Have upgraded rr suspension with supersprings, swaybar and ranchos, but we carry a 3k camper and tow a 3 horse trailer with draft horses, so we are 19k going down the road. We get 13 to 14 loaded and have done 23 empty. What i liked about the truck is it is set up well stock with big exhaust, nice alloy wheels, tow package, etc. so there was not a lot it needed. My stock tires went 58k, and I just did the ft. brakes at 62k. I run synthetic fluids all around. We plan on running the Dodge for a minimum 10 years at 20k per year, so we are right on plan and happy!!!

Love my Cummins
By Jeff on 12/09/08 17:18 PM (PST)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Laramie 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I had an older Dodge 1500 which I hated. No power and the brakes were horrible. I went to the 06 diesel after comparing Ford and Chevy. Chevy was too expensive but has a nice transmission. Dodge had the Cummins. The brakes on the 06 are awesome. The comfort level and reliability are excellent. I pull a 50 hp Kubota tractor on a large trailor with implements with no problem. I'm getting about 18 - 20 mpg on a mix of highway and street driving. I find the back seat of the quad cab adequate for my needs. I'll be driving this truck until it or I won't go anymore.

Smokin' Cummins
By Jim on 12/05/08 10:36 AM (PST)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Laramie 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

This truck is a work horse in a business suit, black with chrome. Mileage is in the high teens if I baby it. My only complaint, the truck handles terrible. Wanders down the road and chases every groove. My F150 with 100k miles drove better than this truck the day it came off the lot new. Replaced the stearing stabilizer shock with an aftermarket and improved it somewhat. I'm the only owner, so I know it has been taken care of.

06 Ram 2500 Laramie 5.9 L Diesel
By tkymasters on 08/23/08 11:28 AM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Laramie 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I can't believe the power of this vehicle! Everything I need in a work horse to a family vehicle all in one. Its fun to drive! The torque can definitely pull everything i use it for. I usually pull a 8x24 triple axle enclosed trailer loaded with equipment. the Diesel Power pulls the trailer with absolutely no problems at all. Even up and down the mountains of South Carolina. My kids can sit in the back without comfort being a problem. The Laramie package was always a plus with the leather seats and trim. 5" lift kit, cap, bigger tires, and a chrome brush guard makes this beast a feared vehicle on the road. I traded in the HEMI power for Diesel. The Hemi just didn't pull.

That's fun
By Dave on 07/07/08 17:34 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I just purchased this truck used with 22k miles. I traded in my 01 Cummins and have zero regrets. With the six speed manual the 5.7 Hemi can be really fun to drive. The kids have plenty of room in the backseat and the front offers plenty of room for both driver and passenger.

Awesome Truck
By Mike on 06/25/08 12:19 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 SLT 4dr Mega Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

This truck is a work horse. Tons of room in the back and plenty of power with the Cummins. I average 16-18 mpg in the city and 20-22 mpg on the highway (hand calculated). Best Truck I have owned.

A truck worth the money....
By bubulina on 05/03/08 12:07 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

Excellent power, comfort, style, fuel/mileage(19 city-22 highway), good materials, worth the money. Don't like the smoke when i have to accelerate fast, can't find anything else to complain of.

Rust
By tmlentz on 04/23/08 18:19 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

Has rust on the inside of doors and not even 2 yrs old! Dealer repainted! I feel like it has cancer! Its been treated but will it come back and how bad? That speakers crackle a lot! The plastic around the fuel spout is cracking! Water will actually stain the seats! I purchased the truck with the intention of driving it till the wheels fall off! Now I am scared the body will be gone way before that!

Great Truck
By WLC on 04/22/08 18:26 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

This is a great truck. Have had the other models but like this one the best as far as the ride and handling.

This truck is everyone I had hoped for
By Nicky on 04/19/08 12:46 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I have owned my 2006 Dodge Ram 2500 SLT 4WD QUAD CAB 5.7L now about 20 months and I do not have a single complaint. It is extremely reliable and fun to drive and pretty much rides like a refined truck. I get over 15 mpg driving it easy to and from work and around town and if I drive it hard the mileage drops to around 13.5 mpg. Handling and braking are excellent as is the interior functionality and comfort with plenty of storage space under the rear seat.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.