2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 2500 model:
2006 dodge quad cab cummins diesel, great truck
By romanc15 on 09/29/12 20:35 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

the truck is solid been driving for a few hundred miles now and i really like it. there is lots of power for when you need to get up to speed. the ride comfort is what you would expect from a heavy duty truck. i average 22 mpg on the hwy and 20 in the city. its worth the money. yes the interior quality is not the best but its ok. good truck. i drove a 2003 ford f250 with the 6.0 the aceleration sucked and the turbo lag was horrible. i would rev it all the way up to 3500 rpm and it would barley move the the dodge is a better choice.

First Diesel and First Dodge
By ROB98024 on 03/30/10 11:49 AM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I bought this '06 Ram Diesel when it had 51000 miles and it runs great. I changed all the fluids with synthetic but am staying with Delo 400 15-40 for the engine and changing it every 5000 mile along with a fleetguard filter. I added an AFE stage 2 intake, BD tranny pan, and Smarty Jr. Recent trip from Denver to Seattle averaged 19.7 mpg unloaded at average speed of 70. Did not burn a drop of oil. The dealer changed the ball joints and u-joints when I bought the truck. I can see these are going to be a weak area but the Cummins diesel can't be beat. I was a Chevy person for 30 years and even though I loved the Silverado I will drive this Dodge till it won't go anymore.

Cummins
By Cummins Power on 03/05/10 19:43 PM (PST)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab LB (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I love it! And I really love the gas mileage,I have got 28 MPG on a curvy uphill state highway! This thing almost has too much power for its own good!!! We tow a 7,500 lb bumper pull Travel Trailer up the rocky mountains and still get 15 MPG! I also tow a 16ft trailer that i tow a 3,500 Lb Antique Tractor and It pulls it like a piece of thread.

Contractor Grade
By jpl in seabrook on 11/18/09 07:38 AM (PST)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

Bought the 4X4, diesel, in June 2009. Traded in 2006 Tundra regular cab for it. Closed box beam frame, brakes that'd stop a locomotive, and an industrial grade diesel engine - all "the" requirements for a work truck. Interior is not glamorous, but the SLT has the essentials. SB has a tight turning radius; on a dime. Stock configuration sits up high off the ground. Low gear 4X4 transfer case; climbs up anything. Sound system has good tone; MP3 player plug in. Cab is quiet. Quab cab is roomy enough for adults for <300 mile trips. All around - looks manly; not an overchromed glitz truck. Best truck for the money.

Not bad for 1st Diesel
By Alaskafd on 09/06/09 07:03 AM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab Laramie 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

This is my 1st diesel picked it up used with 24k on it now up to 31k and I love it. The 5.9 has all the power you need and no EPA crap like the 08. Towing is not a problem. Get the Laramie pkg. Heated seats great in the winter. QC has lots of room for the kids. I have started this thing at -20 with no plug in around, truck starts right up. If your looking for a used diesel, go with this one for sure, you will love it

This is a good truck in every way
By Nick on 04/09/09 10:09 AM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I purchased my 2006 Dodge 2500 5.7L 4WD SLT Quad cab new. It now has about 30k on it and has been an excellent truck. Nothing has ever broken, it drives great with excellent acceleration and braking, but definitely rides like a truck. The storage space under the rear seat is great. I live in the south and the AC cools pretty good, but could be a little better. Fuel economy averages just under 14MPG, if I do all city driving it drops to around 13.5. I bought this truck to drive for years and enjoy and so far I have gotten what I paid for.

Go Cummins Diesel
By Go Cummins on 03/15/09 19:19 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD LB (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

We needed a heavy tow rig with 4 wheel drive and economy. We have had the Dodge for over 3 years and 65K on it. No problems. Have upgraded rr suspension with supersprings, swaybar and ranchos, but we carry a 3k camper and tow a 3 horse trailer with draft horses, so we are 19k going down the road. We get 13 to 14 loaded and have done 23 empty. What i liked about the truck is it is set up well stock with big exhaust, nice alloy wheels, tow package, etc. so there was not a lot it needed. My stock tires went 58k, and I just did the ft. brakes at 62k. I run synthetic fluids all around. We plan on running the Dodge for a minimum 10 years at 20k per year, so we are right on plan and happy!!!

Love my Cummins
By Jeff on 12/09/08 17:18 PM (PST)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab Laramie 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I had an older Dodge 1500 which I hated. No power and the brakes were horrible. I went to the 06 diesel after comparing Ford and Chevy. Chevy was too expensive but has a nice transmission. Dodge had the Cummins. The brakes on the 06 are awesome. The comfort level and reliability are excellent. I pull a 50 hp Kubota tractor on a large trailor with implements with no problem. I'm getting about 18 - 20 mpg on a mix of highway and street driving. I find the back seat of the quad cab adequate for my needs. I'll be driving this truck until it or I won't go anymore.

Smokin' Cummins
By Jim on 12/05/08 10:36 AM (PST)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab Laramie 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

This truck is a work horse in a business suit, black with chrome. Mileage is in the high teens if I baby it. My only complaint, the truck handles terrible. Wanders down the road and chases every groove. My F150 with 100k miles drove better than this truck the day it came off the lot new. Replaced the stearing stabilizer shock with an aftermarket and improved it somewhat. I'm the only owner, so I know it has been taken care of.

06 Ram 2500 Laramie 5.9 L Diesel
By tkymasters on 08/23/08 11:28 AM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab Laramie 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I can't believe the power of this vehicle! Everything I need in a work horse to a family vehicle all in one. Its fun to drive! The torque can definitely pull everything i use it for. I usually pull a 8x24 triple axle enclosed trailer loaded with equipment. the Diesel Power pulls the trailer with absolutely no problems at all. Even up and down the mountains of South Carolina. My kids can sit in the back without comfort being a problem. The Laramie package was always a plus with the leather seats and trim. 5" lift kit, cap, bigger tires, and a chrome brush guard makes this beast a feared vehicle on the road. I traded in the HEMI power for Diesel. The Hemi just didn't pull.

1 2 3 4 5 next »

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.