New Ram Fan
By Michael Whitfield on
2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6M)
I had owned two Fords and had excellent service over 19 years from both of them, so it was going to take a lot to get me into something else when the time came to replace my last truck. I looked at the big three, and after tons of comparison, shopping, reading, test drives, and talking to current owners, I settled on the big Ram 2500. It has performed flawlessly in everything I have asked it to do, from taking a trip to the coast in comfort (about 700 miles round trip on a one fillup), to carrying everything in one trip to bulid a large expansion on our deck.
Favorite Features
More power from the Cummins diesel than most people will ever need. Actual fuel economy that is better than my wifes 4-Runner. Not bad for 325 HP and 610 ftlb on the Torque. Just a shade over 3100 lb payload rating. Great visibility from the tall height. Power personafide looks.
Suggested Improvements
Straight in parking can sometimes be a chore, but could be helped with a tighter turning radius. Would like to see the option of manual locking hubs on the 4x4. Improvements to the grille mounts (It just seems a little flimsy while closing the hood). More available colors.