Used 2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Consumer Reviews - 43 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 2500 model:

Dodge 2500 4WD Quad Cab
By bob spaete

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD LB (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

The interior design takes into consideration most driver and passenger needs. The passenger area exceeds any truck that I have owned in the past, and the technological advances over my 2000 model is unreal.

Seat adjustment and readibility of instruments

None

Farm function, family fun
By greg

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD LB (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I have truly enjoyed my Dodge heavy duty pickup. I drive it to work every day and get reasonable fuel economy (diesel) for such a large vehicle, even though my foot is a little heavy. On weekends and after hours, I put it to good use on the farm. It is all tricked out with the Laramie package and GPS navigation system, so it makes a rather fancy work truck for the farm, but I intend to keep it and use it on the farm until it dies. As reliable as it has been, it may outlast me! The long bed is well worth the extra couple of hundred dollars, though driving it in a parking deck is much like tackling a slalom course in a school bus.

Versatility

None

New Ram Fan
By Michael Whitfield

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I had owned two Fords and had excellent service over 19 years from both of them, so it was going to take a lot to get me into something else when the time came to replace my last truck. I looked at the big three, and after tons of comparison, shopping, reading, test drives, and talking to current owners, I settled on the big Ram 2500. It has performed flawlessly in everything I have asked it to do, from taking a trip to the coast in comfort (about 700 miles round trip on a one fillup), to carrying everything in one trip to bulid a large expansion on our deck.

More power from the Cummins diesel than most people will ever need. Actual fuel economy that is better than my wifes 4-Runner. Not bad for 325 HP and 610 ftlb on the Torque. Just a shade over 3100 lb payload rating. Great visibility from the tall height. Power personafide looks.

Straight in parking can sometimes be a chore, but could be helped with a tighter turning radius. Would like to see the option of manual locking hubs on the 4x4. Improvements to the grille mounts (It just seems a little flimsy while closing the hood). More available colors.

Power Wagon
By mike

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 2dr Regular Cab SLT 4WD LB (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I have had my Power Wagon for a month,and use it daily in the construction business and it has been every thing I was looking for in a work truck. It has comfort, style and is dependable. Its towing ability is great, and I get plenty of comments on how good the truck looks. My last Dodge had 160,000 miles on it and is still going strong, and I think that this one will do even better. No complaints about this truck, it fits the construction needs and then some.

Ground clearance. Towing ability. Easy of use of all controls. Storage under the center seat

An actual storage tool box behind the seat rather than a large open area. Maybe a 12volt adapter behind the seat for recharging tools. Put winch controls on the dash. A couple extra switches for add ons, strobe lights etc.

You've Come a Long, Long Way MoPar
By CDS1946

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

Wasn't too long ago that the name Chrysler/Dodge meant buyer beware particularily with quality control issues. My how times have changed. Mercedes has certainly left its mark on these new Damilar Chrysler vehicles. The Dodge Ram 2500 Laramie with the Cummins Turbo has the build quality that Americans are not used to seeing. Body panels meet, corners are squared, lines are straight. No rattles anywhere, anytime! I traded a 2003 Ram 2500 Hemi on this Cummins powered truck, and I am more impressed with it now than the day I drove it home. Before these 2 Damilier Chrysler products, I had a 2002 Lincoln Continental, which I really enjoyed. The Dodge trucks quality is on par with the Lincoln!

Fuel mileage with Cummins. Fantastic disc brakes on all corners. The solid ride comfort at freeway speeds.

Sometimes the best improvements are no improvements. If it's not broke,don't fix it!