2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 2500 model:
Nice truck
By tod on 10/16/05 16:57 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD LB (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

This truck has tons of power to make my boat go fast when it's out of water. Enjoy having the 4 doors, with 3 car seats in the back this truck still has plenty of room.

Diesel is not an option listed-why?
By goose on 09/23/05 14:53 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

Vehicle is outstanding, should have bought a diesel engine before this truck , mileage is what I had hoped for. Actual mileage around town is on average 18 mpg or better, on the highway at posted speeds it has achieved 24 mpg - When I first pulled the 7500 lb trailer the average mpg was about 14, however the engine is broken in now , so I expect it may improve. Have only been back to the dealer once for warranty, the transmission computor lost its mind and would not shift correctly---Wish I could have found a stick shift--would recommend this. Great truck

First Dodge - won't be my last
By CTGT on 09/23/05 10:07 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD LB (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

Had planned to buy a Silverado, but my son convinced me to try a RAM. Glad I did! The Hemi has lots of extra power, and on a recent 1,000 mile trip I averaged 17.5 mpg. With the exception of parking, it's easy and fun to drive. You can't beat the exhaust sound of this engine. Step bars are a must, as the truck is really high.

Big Bad Ram
By Skip T. on 09/16/05 01:15 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

Looks great. Lots of power.Great sound system. Could climb a tree and pull one down.

Wow, What a Truck!
By Tom on 08/29/05 16:15 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

This Ram 2500 with the Cummins Turbo Diesel is so much fun to drive. It is a big rig with the race car feel. I love it and my wife loves it. Nice job Chrysler/Cummins!

Don't do it, you'll reget it.
By hmanonbass on 08/29/05 14:51 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

Wow, what can I say. What a horrible experience. The Dodge Hemi powered attempt at a true crew cab falls short of my expectations. I had it 8 days and the dealer only wants to give me $6000 LESS than I paid for it! What a great value huh? The interior is the smallest of any of the competitors. It has an extremely noisy interior with multiple fit and finish problems. Overall I'd have to say to Dodge, you have some serious issues with your QC. Ford and Chevy dealers take note. You could sell twice as many trucks if you'd have a Dodge on your lot and let consumers do a side by side comparison. Make sure you do your research and so you won't make the same decision I did.

'05 Dodge diesel 4x4 2500
By donny on 08/16/05 23:18 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

Well- I got this truck last year because of the increasing gas prices, well now diesel is more expensive than gas. Besides that, I'm getting 14mpg avg. between hwy & city. I was getting better mileage with my 2001 chevy z71. I like the truck, but hate the fuel efficiency.

Awesome truck!
By RANDY on 08/11/05 15:56 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

Comfortable truck, nice ride. it can go anywhere. Sleek styling, capable to do anything.

Dodge 2500 4WD Quad Cab
By bob spaete on 07/20/05 13:05 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD LB (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

The interior design takes into consideration most driver and passenger needs. The passenger area exceeds any truck that I have owned in the past, and the technological advances over my 2000 model is unreal.

Farm function, family fun
By greg on 07/19/05 05:42 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD LB (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I have truly enjoyed my Dodge heavy duty pickup. I drive it to work every day and get reasonable fuel economy (diesel) for such a large vehicle, even though my foot is a little heavy. On weekends and after hours, I put it to good use on the farm. It is all tricked out with the Laramie package and GPS navigation system, so it makes a rather fancy work truck for the farm, but I intend to keep it and use it on the farm until it dies. As reliable as it has been, it may outlast me! The long bed is well worth the extra couple of hundred dollars, though driving it in a parking deck is much like tackling a slalom course in a school bus.