2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 2500 model:
Love it, but issues.
By Mike on 05/10/10 17:11 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

Great truck, awesome power with the Cummins. Pretty much the best part of the whole truck. Has been in the shop way too much for too many things to list. But now that I'm comming up to 100k the thing is really starting to pay for itself. It gets less expensive to own every year. Hauls excellent. mpg are good.

Should of bought a Duramax
By J. on 03/17/10 19:10 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

05 Cummins Laramie. 30K Miles and 10K worth of repair bills. Nice looking truck and it holds the pavement down in front of my house nicely. Lots of power, decent mileage for what it is, fairly comfy on long hauls. Injectors are delicate which can lead to major engine damage. Poor factory fuel and air filtration. Weak trans. Lots of creaks(sliding glass) and rattles(rear storage) and wind noise(drivers door). Radio dash knob doesn't work. Abysmal customer service. If you are considering a used one get a Manometer test done first.

Perfect for RV haulin'
By Al on 11/08/09 18:37 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD LB (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I haul a 15K lb travel trailer and this truck has never let me down. I usually get 19-22 MPG on hwy, unloaded, and get 13-14 when towing, as long as I keep it under 70mph. If I go over 70, it drops to 10-11 and according to specs, 15K lbs is overloaded for 3/4 ton Dodge w/cummins. You must have nerf bars as the truck sits kinda high and is difficult to get into w/o side bars.

Women owner in a mans truck
By msjbaker on 08/14/09 02:21 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 2dr Regular Cab SLT 4WD LB (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

Woman owner, I get looks from men all the time while driving this truck. I use this truck for my business, I bought it used. Love the power of the Hemi. Interior, center fold down counsel, is fine, I am a smoker and it needs a larger ashtray, I spend a lot of time in this truck every day. Ride and comfort are very good.

cummins power !!!!!!
By scott on 06/29/09 21:32 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

cummins power is great. ford and chevy diesels are 8 cyl. and the cummins are 6 cyl and still smokes them in hp and torque. the cummins have 30% less moving parts in the motor wich makes them more reliable. and the 6 cyl is way better in mpg's. But what can i say this truck is awesome.

Ford man turns leaf
By Robster on 01/29/09 14:45 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

After being a dedicated Ford truck owner for my last 6 trucks, I decided to give the Dodge Ram with Cummins diesel a try. I regret not doing it sooner. I have read reviews and heard stories about how these trucks were supposed to fall apart but mine has been literally flawless. My test drives were with the 2005 GM Duramax trucks and the 2005 Ford Powerstroke. Hooked up to my 30ft travel trailer the other two just didn't compare. The truck really shined with a load behind it. I have owned it for 50000 miles now and have 1 TSB for a reflash and oil changes. The highway mileage is amazing. Very tough, very simple truck that I will never sell or trade. I am keeping this one forever!

My power wagon
By guido on 07/05/07 14:21 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I use this truck mostly for hunting and pulling my 5th wheel camping trailer which weighs 8200 lbs and this truck is rated to pull 11,000 lbs. I barely notice its behind me due to the Hemi engine and 456 gears. It is the most capable factory produced pickup out there making all other 4x4's obsolete. Well worth the investment. This truck is not a beefed up heavy duty but one that's in its own class.

Love it but it has issues.
By Scott on 04/09/07 18:22 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I have about 40,000 miles on the truck at this point and the dealership knows me well. The electronic shift module failed at about 32,000. Dealer tells me to expect it again in another 30,000 or so. The electric door locks stopped working at 38,000. After getting stuck, I was informed that the four wheel drive system in this year model is really only a three wheel drive. Yep, no power will ever be provided to the left front wheel and that is the way it is designed. The door wind seals wear out about every 12 months. Poor design rubs on the doors when opened causing excessive wear. Love the diesel power and fuel economy! I get about 21mpg on the open road and still get the power when I haul.

Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel
By jackpurcell on 01/15/07 11:56 AM (PST)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

Great vehicle. Runs flawless. I use as a tow vehicle for a boat and antique car. I also use as a daily driver and work vehicle. This truck is dependable, comfortable to drive, and runs flawless. I will buy another Dodge when I am in the market again.

Poor
By R. Parks on 10/04/06 09:08 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD LB (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I have been driving Dodge/Chrysler products for fifteen years. My 2005 Dodge pick-up is the worst Dodge/Crysler product I have ever owned. It is pretty sad when you can get stuck in your front yard and have people in two wheel drive vehilces drive by you. I am a local business owner in town and I require the use of 4 wheel drive trucks. Based on my experience I will never own another Dodge truck and will tell people this when they ask me how I like my truck.

1 2 3 4 5 next »