2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Consumer Review: Great Truck

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab - Consumer Review

Great Truck
By Hoodlum on

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 4dr Quad Cab Laramie 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

I bought it used with 60k miles. Not many used out there, then or now with the Cummins. Automatic has been great. Ride is a little stiff, but it's a real truck, 2500. Had the 1/2 ton,1997, gas, Dodge, no comparison. Now have 138k miles, looking at going with a chip. I run 185/70/17s, get 19.4 mpg, at 71mph. city/hwy average 17.6, no load, with bed cover. City and 6x12 box trailer milage 13.2. With trailer and these tires, running around town its a little weak, time to chip.Maintenance has been low, very few problems. Get the Laramie, it's worth it, you will appreciate them, I know I do.

Looks, short bed, the frame is high and hidden by the body, you don't see it hanging down like the Chevy. I like my truck.

The head lights are horrible. I have the best replacement bulds out there. A dealer aggreed, but had no recomendations. The back seat needs more room, the mega cab, please, I just need a little room, not a sleeper. No other complaints.