Great truck
By Ed Hribar on
2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd LB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)
This is a great truck to own but I liked my 2001 Dodge truck better, it never had any problems after 3 years of owning it and more than 80000 miles, never was in the shop for any repairs. This truck does have a few minor flaws with it and has been in the shop a couple of times for minor repairs over the two years I've owned it. I've towed more than 8000 lbs across country and over the mountains with no problems several times, tons of power. The quality of the build is not as good as the previous model but the previous model was an excellent truck. I am very rough on trucks and have owned both Chevy and Fords and even with the minor flaws with this model it still beats the others hands down.
Favorite Features
Great power and reliability. Easy to drive and handles very well in most any condition, bumpy roads are a little hard though, too much feedback from the steering wheel.
Suggested Improvements
An improved the build quality would make this truck an all around 10, it's not bad but there is room for improvement and it's not as good as the previous model, the seat comfort is not very good for long distance driving and the steering feedback on bumpy roads needs to be better.