Faithful Companion 03 2500HD 4x4 LB HEMI
By faithfulcompanion on
2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 4dr Quad Cab Laramie 4WD LB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)
I ordered this truck in late 2002 without even a test drive. The hemi, I knew from the initial reports was the engine that would be revolutionary. After 4 months of anticipation, my "faithful companion" arrived. After 13 months, I've driven 38,000 miles. For 3 months I traveled through the west into Canada and over to Alaska. I'd love to share the pictures of just how muddy this city boy truck got after enduring the Dalton Highway to the Arctic Ocean. If you thought Motor Trends adventure was great, I could say the Dodge had just as much fun. If you’re ready for an adventure; this is the place to start.
Favorite Features
Just listen to the Hemi purr over the mountain grades. Amazingly, I've seen milage as high as 16-19mpg. Easy to drive, handles like a car, just harder to find Bus sized parking!
Suggested Improvements
I would love to see some back up sensors as offered by Ford for backing the truck. Although parallel parking is not really an option with this wheelbase. LOL I'd love to see trailer towing mirrors that automatically swing in while parked on the street or in tight city spaces.