2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Consumer Review: Dodge Trucks are the best over

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 - Consumer Review

Dodge Trucks are the best overall!
By Joe Ryan on

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

This 2004 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 is fully loaded including the 345 H.P. 'Hemi' engine. This is our third Dodge truck in a row and they keep getting better. The first was an '86' long bed which we sold after 200,000 miles - the only repair (one water pump) at 150,000. The second was a '95' Ram 4x4 which we sold at 186,000 miles to buy the 2004. The only repair to the '95' - a component in the electronic fuel injection system failed. This 2004 is a heavy duty quad cab with a short bed. We bought it with the trailer tow package as we own a 32' Prowler travel trailer. We are totally impressed with it's ability to haul that trailer around. We can't find fault with any aspect of Dodge Trucks.

The interior and exterior styling is second to none. there are no flaws in the fit and finish, and the 'Hemi' power is impressive. The structural integrity of the frame, chassis and drivetrain is pure quality. Instrumentation is organized and thoughtful and the solid sound of doors closing is great.

The only improvements I can suggest are: Improve the fuel economy and lower the price tag. I test drove Ford and Chevy trucks and compared price and quality. I paid more for the Dodge than either of the comparably equipped competitors - but I'm convinced that I got what I paid for.