2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 2500 model:
H.O. Diesel
By chuckmcdonald on 01/09/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

I have had Chevys and Dodge trucks. This thing is awesome. I drove the Hemi. It is good but the diesel will eat it up. I suggest the Hemi for the 1500. It drives as tight as my wifes 99 Benz. It is very quiet for a diesel. When you factor in the lower service costs for the diesel it pays for itself. If you are taking off it will keep up. If you are in the 40 mph range or higher and kick it in passing gear, hold on! It will surprise you. The ride is smooth even though it is a 2500. Dodge has some intense brakes. It stops with authority. Interior space is good. I use the fold flat floor in the rear. Great for grocieries or large bluky items.

Hemi 3/4 ton quad cab swb
By HemiDodgeRamDriver on 01/06/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

This truck is a blast to drive, very quiet and smooth, yet 345 horses under your foot to call on any time you need it. I love the 5 speed automatic and hemi combination. I got 17.6 mpg on the first highway miles trip I drove it on. I'm looking forward to pulling a camp trailer with it when the weather warms up. I can't understand why anyone would buy a Ford or Chevy when they can get a truck like this. There is no comparison.

Grab Life By The Horns
By MoparMCL on 01/04/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD LB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

Dodge made good use of free space (underseat storage) The Hemi engine is strong and verry capable. Trans seems to be decent for the power (5 spd auto) Over all this truck is a great work and family truck. Agressive looks!

Get the Cummings HO
By CMcD on 01/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

If anyone complains about towing it is because they got the wrong engine. I drove the Hemi but it is a little under powered for heavy hauling in the 2500/3500. It is more than adequate in the 1500. The Cummings H.O. pulls better, has better fuel mileage and is cheaper to maintain not to mention longer lasting. As for the tranny mine is rock solid. I had a 98 1500 and it was notorious for eating trannys. The new Dodge is a rock solid truck.

Dodge Hemi
By rbhay on 12/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

The hemi engine is awesome. It has great power for a gas engine and decent fuel economy. The chime that dings when you don't fasten your seat belt drives me nuts. I snowplow, go back and forth to my shop, etc. I wear it on the road. The trailer mirrors are to wide-I only have about 3" to spare backing into my garage and I hit them when snowplowing close to items. Other than that, its a great truck.

Great truck
By CalJ on 12/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

The new cummins is really quite and the power is magnificent. Pulls 9000 lbs horse trailer and horses at 70 MPH up hills with ease. The turning radius is great. It is fun to drive. The Jacob exhaust break really helps on the hills to slow down. Wish it had the cummins 600 in it.

Sweet
By coyote on 12/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

Comfortable and solidly built, I love this truck. Powerful, and quick, the Hemi is a fun engine. Transmission is strong and smooth.

ram is the king
By 1968dodge charger on 12/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

I have owned 6 rams since 1996,i have never had any problems with any of them. this new one is something special ,they really did a good job with the new hemi .even with 4 wheel drive it gets up and goes. i will never buy anything else but a dodge.

2500 QUAD CAB SLT 4x4 Cummins
By rossn2 on 11/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD LB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

Just traded from a Ford F150 Supercrew 4x4 to a Dodge 2500 Quad Cab 4x4 with Cummins HO and 6spd manual. I really love the better mpg (20 vs 16). The front cups holders on the floor could be designed better, closer to the driver and cup handle turned toward driver instead of passenge. Also, the tow package option, comes with the 4.10 rear gear which is a bit steep. I would rather have the 3.73 rear for highway driving and better mpg. Yeah, cab is a bit smaller than the F250, but so is the price!Big difference, and you can't find a Ford 6.0 with a manual... Just put on molder mud flaps and this weekend installing the Mopar Fog Lamp kit and then nerf bars...

Watch the tranny
By rambouy on 10/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab Laramie Rwd SB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

I bought this truck, a 3/4 ton rated to tow 13000 pounds and haul 3000 pounds. The transmission is crap. If you buy one of these, borrow it for a day and drive it towing and loaded with your camper. I didn't and have been sorry for a long time. I'm looking at GM. The bed is a real 6.5 ft and the transmission shifts good. DC is selling a psuedo hauler.