Used 2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 2500 model:

Short Box Too Short
By Craiger

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 4dr Quad Cab Laramie 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

My truck actually has the Cummings motor, what a workhorse. I pull a 1000# trailer and it just goes. The interior is nice and has a killer stereo. The truck is much stiffer than my 2001 F350 was and I can turn around in my street unlike the F350. Build quality is good and I have had no problems as of today.

CUMMINGS, CUMMINGS, CUMMINGS!! I like all of the cool storage places and the leather is comfortable. The only issue I have with the Dodge shortbed is that the box is too short. Dodge would better serve their customers with a 6'- 6" box.

Six and a half foot box!!!

Driving shouldn't be this fun, or should
By 04hemi

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 2dr Regular Cab ST Rwd LB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

I went from a 1995 Dodge Ram 1500 Std cab 5.9 Ltr (235Hp) engine... to a 2002 Tundra access cad with a 6cyl (190HP) engine. It was nice having the extra 2 doors, but I really missed when I push on the gas for the truck to just go and when we go riding (4 wheelers) my truck wouldn't want to go very well down the highway against the wind. I have just bought a 2004 Std cab Ram 1500 with a 5.7Ltr HEMI... Man it is nice to know I have at least 345HP that let's me do what ever I want, when I want. The pedal has an endless supply of power at any speed-RPM. RPM.

My favorite thing about my truck is without even putting an exhaust on my truck it already has a beefy sound to it.

CUMMINS POWER!!!
By Big Diesel

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

The ONLY diesel rated "Medium Duty" in a small pickup! (Dodge should advertise this fact!) I thought the 15 liter Signature Series Cummins in my Peterbilt was impressive! If you don't know diesels don't let the "6cyl" fool you. This engine will stomp the other V- 8's! A straight "6" is the optimal config. for a "Work Horse Diesel" 99% of all "Long Haul" diesels are striaght 6's "Not" V-8's. Listen folks. I've driven Cat's, Detroit's, and Cummins for nearly 2 million miles, and this engine is simply a smaller version of the engine I make a living with. Who care's about Dodge, (though it's a nice truck) buy the truck for the cummins!!

Got to drive one (Brothers)
By Steve LeBlanc

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd LB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

I own a 97 Ford. To put it nicely, Ford half assed a shifting cable fix they broke causing the truck to stay in drive, at a bost ramp. Luckily, my brother has a Dodge 2500. What a thrill, I did not even notice the 3500 pounds I was towing behind me. The next truck I am gonning to get is a Dodge.

Roomy back seat, all the storage places and the HEMI, Nice power. If you need to tow, the 2500 DODGE is the only way to go

Better Gas Milage

built on friday at 3pm
By paul.D

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

FROM THE BEGINNING, TRUCKM HAD WIND NOISE COMING FROM HEATER BOX, AFTER THE FIFTH ATTEMPT, PROBLEM WAS SOLVED USING URETHANE TO SEAL THE HEATER BOX TO FIREWALL. THE WIPERS DO WHATEVER THEY WANT WHILE ON, PROBLEM WAS SOLVED AFTER SECOND ATTEMPT.THE WEATHERSTRIPPING ON DOOR IS TEARING DUE TO THE EDGE OF DOOR DIGGING INTO IT WHEN OPENING AND CLOSING THE DOOR. THREE OUT OF FOUR HEADLIGHT BOLTS ARE LOOSE. AFTER FIVE MESSAGES TO FIELD REP THROUGH CUST SERVICE LINE, I RECEIVED A RETURN CALL AND WAS TOLD TOO BAD, NOT DODGE'S PROBLEM. THEY ADVISED ME TO PURCHASE AN EXTENDED WARRANTY..

LIKE THE INTERIOR AND EXTERIOR STYLE AND OPTIONS.

DODGE SHOULD FIND SOMEONE WITH MORE EXPERIENCE TO DRIVE THEIR PROTOTYPES AND THEY SHOULD MORE INSPECTIONS OF ASSEMBLY LINE QUALITY. THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE IS HORRENDOUS, THEY TAKE YOUR MONEY AND THEN IT'S NO LONGER THEIR PROBLEM, THAT IS UNACCEPTABLE.