2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 2500 model:
2004 Ram 2500 5.7L 5spd. Auto
By tlael on 01/15/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

Ford is the only thing that comes close but, you're gonna pay more for less if you take that route. The Dodge's interior is better that the others and the ride and power is unmatched.

sturdy
By sturdy1012 on 01/11/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 4dr Quad Cab ST Rwd SB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

it runs great and the cummins makes it much better

diesel power
By New dodge owner on 01/11/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

i have only owned for a few weeks but very happy with power & gas mileage for such a big truck.Runs and drives well and also quiet for a diesel.

Great Vehicle
By S Blankinship on 01/11/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

The Dodge 2500 has a very smooth ride, the diesel engine is extremely quiet and lots of power. The interior has some excellent features, for convenience of hauling and storing items.

MY NEW DODGE
By GREG WINGFIELD on 01/11/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd LB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

VERY FUN TO DRIVE! HAS VERY GOOD PICKUP SPEED.MY DAD HAS A CHEVEROLET 3/4 TON 2004 MODEL BUT LIKES MY DODGE BETTER.I AM VERY SATISFIED!

Innovative use of the interior space
By D Blankinship on 01/10/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

Dodge appears to have gone to great lengths to make the interior design one to allow maximum use of the space with thinking how best the individual could utilize the storage compartments, special features they have created. It is wonderful and I think shows a great deal of insight into using what is available. My husband & I fight over who gets to drive it, because of the smooth ride and excellent handling. I'm very pleased with my new Dodge 2500.

H.O. Diesel
By chuckmcdonald on 01/09/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

I have had Chevys and Dodge trucks. This thing is awesome. I drove the Hemi. It is good but the diesel will eat it up. I suggest the Hemi for the 1500. It drives as tight as my wifes 99 Benz. It is very quiet for a diesel. When you factor in the lower service costs for the diesel it pays for itself. If you are taking off it will keep up. If you are in the 40 mph range or higher and kick it in passing gear, hold on! It will surprise you. The ride is smooth even though it is a 2500. Dodge has some intense brakes. It stops with authority. Interior space is good. I use the fold flat floor in the rear. Great for grocieries or large bluky items.

Hemi 3/4 ton quad cab swb
By HemiDodgeRamDriver on 01/06/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

This truck is a blast to drive, very quiet and smooth, yet 345 horses under your foot to call on any time you need it. I love the 5 speed automatic and hemi combination. I got 17.6 mpg on the first highway miles trip I drove it on. I'm looking forward to pulling a camp trailer with it when the weather warms up. I can't understand why anyone would buy a Ford or Chevy when they can get a truck like this. There is no comparison.

Grab Life By The Horns
By MoparMCL on 01/04/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD LB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

Dodge made good use of free space (underseat storage) The Hemi engine is strong and verry capable. Trans seems to be decent for the power (5 spd auto) Over all this truck is a great work and family truck. Agressive looks!

Get the Cummings HO
By CMcD on 01/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

If anyone complains about towing it is because they got the wrong engine. I drove the Hemi but it is a little under powered for heavy hauling in the 2500/3500. It is more than adequate in the 1500. The Cummings H.O. pulls better, has better fuel mileage and is cheaper to maintain not to mention longer lasting. As for the tranny mine is rock solid. I had a 98 1500 and it was notorious for eating trannys. The new Dodge is a rock solid truck.