2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 2500 model:
Yea, Its a hemi!!!!!!!!!
By Bill Rabe on 06/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD LB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

Best truck I have owned so far!! Converted Ford man! I have purchased 14 new trucks in 38 years of driving. All were Fords except this one. Price & the hemi did it for me! I pull a 8000# travel trailer with no problems. Back fold down cargo deck is a must for $100.00!

Get a Cummins Diesel 2500!
By TWUNIMOG on 05/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD LB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

I actually have the 2500 Heavy Duty with the Cummins Diesel and really enjoy it. We're averaging 16mpg in town and seems to have better pickup than the Hemi equiped 2500. Seriously, it throws you back in your seat. I own and like Fords and GMC's but this truck is the best I've ever owned!

Awesome diesel
By BIll on 05/20/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

I never owned a dodge until I bought the 2004 2500 SLT Clubcab with the HO Cummins diesel engine. Impressive from the start with styling, ride, acceleration, towing capacity and interior room. Add great mileage, low maintenance and you have one great truck. The automatic transmission makes a big difference. I was looking at hlf tons, both Ford and Nissan, until I drove the 2500 Cummins diesel! No contest, and virtually got the 2500 for the price of the half tons. My recommendation....buy one, you won't be sorry.

HEMI +
By uncle duck on 05/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD LB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

For a 6202lb. truck w/ a gas engine , I'm enjoying the additions to this truck. I added an AFE intake & a double AERO-TURBINE muffler system to the truck right after buying it. With 2200 miles on it, I went on a trip to Yellowstone Park & then back thru west western half of Colorado. I averaged 16.3mpg on this mountain trip & had more power than I could use. Try these changes on yours. It was done for mileage, but it also added a lot more power.

HEMI
By Matt238976 on 05/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

this Truck is Awsome It has so much power off the line it's not funny. The HEMI is great so much power. It also looks real sick with a toolbox and step ups . The Fuel Economy sucks. It gets about 11.5 miles per gallon but other than that its a great truck

Bubba Truck
By Ilvbush on 05/03/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 4dr Quad Cab Laramie 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

Awesome power for the money.

one toughf truck
By darren zimmerman on 04/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 4dr Quad Cab Laramie 4WD LB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

great power fun to drive pull a house with it

Cummins Review
By earfsu on 04/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

I traded up from a 2001 GMC Z-71 to my 2004 Ram 2500 4X4 w/ the cummins. Best decision I have made. Family members have owned total of 3 Diesels and 2 1500 gas. I tow a 7500 lb boat and don't even know it's there. Only complaint is a weak stereo system.

real truck
By thomas martin on 04/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

I bought my new ram about 2 weeks ago. I had to get the diesel, which is really really quiet, but works great. I am a contractor and haul trailers around almost daily, one being a 16'. Can't even feel it behind me. I have owned chevys for years, but will now only own rams

Forget The Hemi go with the Cummins
By Tom Friars on 04/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

This Dodge Ram 2500 is the BEST truck built today. Consider the Cummins Diesel engine option, it will give you more torque, horsepower, reliability, and the feul econaomy is unbeatiable. I get 22 miles to a gallon in town and on the hi-way. Compare that to the Hemi at 12 MPG City and 16 MPG Hi-Way if your lucky. Diesel engines will outlast a gasoline engine up to 5 times, with much less maintenance. The diesel engine of today has come a long way since the noisey engines once known for. I am sold on it and would never own anything but a Cummins.