Used 2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 2500 model:

2004 at 7000 Miles
By G.Huffer

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

The truck has plenty of power and the ride is consistent with the 2500 style. Diesel fuel economy is slowly improving but still not good in town. Price wars in 2005 have reduced my trade-in value more than expected. The 4WD with limited slip differential provides plenty of pulling capability in rough road conditions.

Sound system by infinity is great.

Improve fueling so diesel fuel does not foam up in the neck and prevent filling tank. Add locking tail gate. Add transmission temp and oil temp guages. Improve load carrying capability so larger campers can be added. Improve method of manually shifting to 4WD.

Great truck
By Ed Hribar

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd LB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

This is a great truck to own but I liked my 2001 Dodge truck better, it never had any problems after 3 years of owning it and more than 80000 miles, never was in the shop for any repairs. This truck does have a few minor flaws with it and has been in the shop a couple of times for minor repairs over the two years I've owned it. I've towed more than 8000 lbs across country and over the mountains with no problems several times, tons of power. The quality of the build is not as good as the previous model but the previous model was an excellent truck. I am very rough on trucks and have owned both Chevy and Fords and even with the minor flaws with this model it still beats the others hands down.

Great power and reliability. Easy to drive and handles very well in most any condition, bumpy roads are a little hard though, too much feedback from the steering wheel.

An improved the build quality would make this truck an all around 10, it's not bad but there is room for improvement and it's not as good as the previous model, the seat comfort is not very good for long distance driving and the steering feedback on bumpy roads needs to be better.

I love this Diesel!!!
By Keith Jackson

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD LB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

I bought this truck in Alaska, then rolled it three times, three days later. It saved my wifes life. The state trooper on the scene said "she had never seen a truck take a beating and the person inside survive with NO injury's". She went out and bought one the next day. All it had after rolling three times was skin damage, easy fix. Only complaint I have is the cruise controls on the steering need to be lighted for night driving.

Diesel engine is a must!! I love they went to a grid system instead of glow plugs, great in the Alaskan cold. Trailer tow mirrors are the best on the market!

Lighted steering controls on SLT models.

'04 Dodge
By tim

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

This is my second Dodge pick up. Same body style, so I do like it. I am suprised at how stable I feel driving down the road with trailer load of 6,000 lbs or more

The seats and storage

2500 and 3500 install electronic brake controlers in dash

Great Truck !
By Hagwood

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

This was our first Dodge product and WOW ! We now have 36K on it and it has only had maintenance. Power is great - Mileage is great (16.5-18.5 4WD!) - Quality is Great- Style Great. So satisfied that we will replace this truck with one just like it when it reaches 150K mi.

Power, Build Quality, Fuel Mileage, Style.

Armrest & more space in back seat. Dodge has been listening and will improve this this year.