2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 2500 model:
WOW !
By hroyce on 07/20/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

I have owned most any type of vehicle you can think of and have owned countless trucks. This is my first Dodge and I'M SOLD ! I have a 2500HD 4x4 with the Cummins HO/auto. It gets between 16-18 mpg and has more power than any truck that I've ever been in. It runs great,drives like a car, and has all the creature comforts that you could want. This is probably the only vehicle that I have EVER been totally satisfied with. I highly recommend it and will buy another one when this one is worn out- But from what I hear that will be about 350K miles !Way To Go Dodge Boys !

Short Box Too Short
By Craiger on 07/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab Laramie 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

My truck actually has the Cummings motor, what a workhorse. I pull a 1000# trailer and it just goes. The interior is nice and has a killer stereo. The truck is much stiffer than my 2001 F350 was and I can turn around in my street unlike the F350. Build quality is good and I have had no problems as of today.

CUMMINS POWER!!!
By Big Diesel on 06/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

The ONLY diesel rated "Medium Duty" in a small pickup! (Dodge should advertise this fact!) I thought the 15 liter Signature Series Cummins in my Peterbilt was impressive! If you don't know diesels don't let the "6cyl" fool you. This engine will stomp the other V- 8's! A straight "6" is the optimal config. for a "Work Horse Diesel" 99% of all "Long Haul" diesels are striaght 6's "Not" V-8's. Listen folks. I've driven Cat's, Detroit's, and Cummins for nearly 2 million miles, and this engine is simply a smaller version of the engine I make a living with. Who care's about Dodge, (though it's a nice truck) buy the truck for the cummins!!

Got to drive one (Brothers)
By Steve LeBlanc on 06/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd LB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

I own a 97 Ford. To put it nicely, Ford half assed a shifting cable fix they broke causing the truck to stay in drive, at a bost ramp. Luckily, my brother has a Dodge 2500. What a thrill, I did not even notice the 3500 pounds I was towing behind me. The next truck I am gonning to get is a Dodge.

built on friday at 3pm
By paul.D on 06/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

FROM THE BEGINNING, TRUCKM HAD WIND NOISE COMING FROM HEATER BOX, AFTER THE FIFTH ATTEMPT, PROBLEM WAS SOLVED USING URETHANE TO SEAL THE HEATER BOX TO FIREWALL. THE WIPERS DO WHATEVER THEY WANT WHILE ON, PROBLEM WAS SOLVED AFTER SECOND ATTEMPT.THE WEATHERSTRIPPING ON DOOR IS TEARING DUE TO THE EDGE OF DOOR DIGGING INTO IT WHEN OPENING AND CLOSING THE DOOR. THREE OUT OF FOUR HEADLIGHT BOLTS ARE LOOSE. AFTER FIVE MESSAGES TO FIELD REP THROUGH CUST SERVICE LINE, I RECEIVED A RETURN CALL AND WAS TOLD TOO BAD, NOT DODGE'S PROBLEM. THEY ADVISED ME TO PURCHASE AN EXTENDED WARRANTY..

Yea, Its a hemi!!!!!!!!!
By Bill Rabe on 06/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD LB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

Best truck I have owned so far!! Converted Ford man! I have purchased 14 new trucks in 38 years of driving. All were Fords except this one. Price & the hemi did it for me! I pull a 8000# travel trailer with no problems. Back fold down cargo deck is a must for $100.00!

Get a Cummins Diesel 2500!
By TWUNIMOG on 05/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD LB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

I actually have the 2500 Heavy Duty with the Cummins Diesel and really enjoy it. We're averaging 16mpg in town and seems to have better pickup than the Hemi equiped 2500. Seriously, it throws you back in your seat. I own and like Fords and GMC's but this truck is the best I've ever owned!

Awesome diesel
By BIll on 05/20/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

I never owned a dodge until I bought the 2004 2500 SLT Clubcab with the HO Cummins diesel engine. Impressive from the start with styling, ride, acceleration, towing capacity and interior room. Add great mileage, low maintenance and you have one great truck. The automatic transmission makes a big difference. I was looking at hlf tons, both Ford and Nissan, until I drove the 2500 Cummins diesel! No contest, and virtually got the 2500 for the price of the half tons. My recommendation....buy one, you won't be sorry.

HEMI +
By uncle duck on 05/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD LB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

For a 6202lb. truck w/ a gas engine , I'm enjoying the additions to this truck. I added an AFE intake & a double AERO-TURBINE muffler system to the truck right after buying it. With 2200 miles on it, I went on a trip to Yellowstone Park & then back thru west western half of Colorado. I averaged 16.3mpg on this mountain trip & had more power than I could use. Try these changes on yours. It was done for mileage, but it also added a lot more power.

HEMI
By Matt238976 on 05/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

this Truck is Awsome It has so much power off the line it's not funny. The HEMI is great so much power. It also looks real sick with a toolbox and step ups . The Fuel Economy sucks. It gets about 11.5 miles per gallon but other than that its a great truck