2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 2500 model:
2500 HD w/Cummins
By cWb on 07/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

I compared Chevy, Ford and Dodge before I bought... Simply put: Dodge = more for your money. The Cummins Turbo Diesel is quiet, powerful and fuel-efficient. The ride is firm, yet comfortable. I took my Ram to show to a friend who bought the Chevy Duramax. He drove down the road, came back and said he wished he'd bought a Dodge! That's quite a testimonial coming from a lifetime Chevrolet diehard! Everyone is impressed with the quiet & powerful Cummins engine. I haul a heavy work trailer and you can barely tell it's there! I had a Dodge Dakota, then a Chevy and now this Dodge Ram. I am truly a Dodge fan now! Thanks for a great truck at a great price!

Cummins is the way to go!
By Tristine Clement on 07/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

This truck is the best purchase we have ever made. It's reliable, fun, fast, fuel efficient, and nice to look at! The trucks can go and will go forever! We enjoy just taking it for a drive and it comes in handy when we need to tow, or just wanted have fun off-road!

You want a TRUCK, buy a Dodge
By firetektoo on 07/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

First, it seems odd that Edmunds does not list the Cummins HO Turbo Diesel as one of the choices when submitting a review. We use the truck as a daily driver, commuting about 90miles a day, because it gets BETTER fuel mileage than my 4cyl S-10, about 22 on the road. Towing a 9000# fifth wheel, we get 12- 13 and never feel overloaded or underpowered. The cabin is quieter than the 2001 Ford F150 Super Crew we traded in and the Infinty sound system kicks a**. The truck is solid, strong, and a real pleasure to drive. If you want a TRUCK, buy a Dodge - Everything else is just payments.

ram
By garyg on 07/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 4dr Quad Cab ST Rwd SB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

front seats are hard as rocks, even with 7 way power seat

WOW !
By hroyce on 07/20/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

I have owned most any type of vehicle you can think of and have owned countless trucks. This is my first Dodge and I'M SOLD ! I have a 2500HD 4x4 with the Cummins HO/auto. It gets between 16-18 mpg and has more power than any truck that I've ever been in. It runs great,drives like a car, and has all the creature comforts that you could want. This is probably the only vehicle that I have EVER been totally satisfied with. I highly recommend it and will buy another one when this one is worn out- But from what I hear that will be about 350K miles !Way To Go Dodge Boys !

Short Box Too Short
By Craiger on 07/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 4dr Quad Cab Laramie 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

My truck actually has the Cummings motor, what a workhorse. I pull a 1000# trailer and it just goes. The interior is nice and has a killer stereo. The truck is much stiffer than my 2001 F350 was and I can turn around in my street unlike the F350. Build quality is good and I have had no problems as of today.

Driving shouldn't be this fun, or should
By 04hemi on 07/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 2dr Regular Cab ST Rwd LB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

I went from a 1995 Dodge Ram 1500 Std cab 5.9 Ltr (235Hp) engine... to a 2002 Tundra access cad with a 6cyl (190HP) engine. It was nice having the extra 2 doors, but I really missed when I push on the gas for the truck to just go and when we go riding (4 wheelers) my truck wouldn't want to go very well down the highway against the wind. I have just bought a 2004 Std cab Ram 1500 with a 5.7Ltr HEMI... Man it is nice to know I have at least 345HP that let's me do what ever I want, when I want. The pedal has an endless supply of power at any speed-RPM. RPM.

CUMMINS POWER!!!
By Big Diesel on 06/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

The ONLY diesel rated "Medium Duty" in a small pickup! (Dodge should advertise this fact!) I thought the 15 liter Signature Series Cummins in my Peterbilt was impressive! If you don't know diesels don't let the "6cyl" fool you. This engine will stomp the other V- 8's! A straight "6" is the optimal config. for a "Work Horse Diesel" 99% of all "Long Haul" diesels are striaght 6's "Not" V-8's. Listen folks. I've driven Cat's, Detroit's, and Cummins for nearly 2 million miles, and this engine is simply a smaller version of the engine I make a living with. Who care's about Dodge, (though it's a nice truck) buy the truck for the cummins!!

Got to drive one (Brothers)
By Steve LeBlanc on 06/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd LB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

I own a 97 Ford. To put it nicely, Ford half assed a shifting cable fix they broke causing the truck to stay in drive, at a bost ramp. Luckily, my brother has a Dodge 2500. What a thrill, I did not even notice the 3500 pounds I was towing behind me. The next truck I am gonning to get is a Dodge.

built on friday at 3pm
By paul.D on 06/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

FROM THE BEGINNING, TRUCKM HAD WIND NOISE COMING FROM HEATER BOX, AFTER THE FIFTH ATTEMPT, PROBLEM WAS SOLVED USING URETHANE TO SEAL THE HEATER BOX TO FIREWALL. THE WIPERS DO WHATEVER THEY WANT WHILE ON, PROBLEM WAS SOLVED AFTER SECOND ATTEMPT.THE WEATHERSTRIPPING ON DOOR IS TEARING DUE TO THE EDGE OF DOOR DIGGING INTO IT WHEN OPENING AND CLOSING THE DOOR. THREE OUT OF FOUR HEADLIGHT BOLTS ARE LOOSE. AFTER FIVE MESSAGES TO FIELD REP THROUGH CUST SERVICE LINE, I RECEIVED A RETURN CALL AND WAS TOLD TOO BAD, NOT DODGE'S PROBLEM. THEY ADVISED ME TO PURCHASE AN EXTENDED WARRANTY..