Used 2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 2500 model:

Way better than Nissan & Toyota
By Kent

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab Laramie 4WD LB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

Had a Nissan Titan before this.What a pile of crap it was. Always in for repairs. The Dodge never once has let me down. Looked at the Tundra. Overpriced and very UGLY. I can see why Toyota is trying to give them away now. Nobody wants them. Way to go Dodge. I'm sold. Two of my buddies traded in their Tacoma and Frontiers to get one also.

Favorite Features

Seats are great. Great reliability. Way better than Nissan and Toyota Tundra. No service issues unlike Import brands.

Suggested Improvements

More and bigger wheel options.

Bangin
By Cummin

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

My Truck, a 2005, 2500 with the Cummins TD HO is the best truck I have ever owned. Speaking of owned... thats exactly what it does to the Ford and Chevy. It's the most quiet, fuel efficient, smallest engine, and still generates the more power. This truck is amazing. though the 48re is letting me down after 90kmiles ( having trouble shifting in between first and second gear) I still rate it a 10. I have every performance upgrade you can do to the engine.... minus twin turbos and have been running the stock tranny. I'm happy it's lasted this long.

Favorite Features

5.9 litre Cummins HO I-6

Good truck
By kelly peek

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

Seats not as good as Ford super duty, but 5.9 diesel makes up for all short comings. Great towing and handling. Average 16 mpg towing 8-10000 lbs, 20-24 hwy .BFG rugged trails bad on wet road . Went to Toyo open country all terrain, no more sliding

Favorite Features

5.9, handling, power, mileage

Suggested Improvements

Seats. Door lock solenoid went out

Wonderful Truck
By Scott

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

My wife and I love my truck. I had a Dodge 1500 and traded it in on my Dodge 2500. The diesel is great and it drives better than any other vehicle I have ever had. The only thing I want now is a Mega Cab 2500. I have 4 boys and we have taken numerous trips for more than 500 miles and the truck was great. The mileage is usually around 22 to 23 mpg. The truck is great.

Favorite Features

Drives great with great power.

Suggested Improvements

Be careful in wet weather, the tires spin very easy. The back seats need improvement for comfort, but that is what the Mega Cab did.

So far so good
By Rich

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

I've owned 11 vehicles in my life, most of them purchased new, and I can honestly say this is the happiest I've ever been overall with a vehicle. The list of issues I've had with this truck is short - I had a leaking coolant hose which I fixed with a 75 cent hose clamp. That's it in over 36K miles. I'm averaging 17.5 mpg (hand calculated) over the life of the truck. It tows well, can accomodate 5 people decently (though not for extra long trips), and is fairly comfortable. I intend to keep this a long time, unless the new 6.7 Cummins with the 6 spd. automatic tranny is just too good to pass up. I'd buy another one in a heartbeat. Oh - I also got this $5K below a comparable Ford.

Favorite Features

Stout 5 spd. manual transmission. Solid axles. No nonsense 4x4 system.

Suggested Improvements

Ensure injector and lift pump reliability. I haven't had any problems with either, and there have been improvements in the 05 and 06 models. But these are the most reliable diesels out there - why not fix these issues and make them bulletproof?