2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 2500 model:
High Repair Costs
By not_dodge on 05/19/09 08:31 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SLT 4WD LB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

I love this truck. It's a real stump puller. Tows heavy loads great.

Excellent Replacement
By 2Evil4U on 09/01/06 07:14 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab ST Rwd LB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

I picked this truck up used as a replacement for a totalled out 2001 Ram 2500. So far I love the truck. Even with the 3.73 gears, it pulls my trailer very well. The Hemi-5speed is a good combination.

Super truck : Cummins Rocks
By DESL DAN on 03/27/05 03:20 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab ST 4WD LB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

It's a super truck. I have owned Ford and Chevy gassers before. Now I have a real truck! Will spin the wheels at 30 mph and smoke them from a dead stop. Pulls like a frieght train, and is super quiet. 14 mpg pulling 10,000lbs at 75mph is OK by me.

good machine
By mytruck on 11/16/04 12:32 PM (PST)

This is my first dodge and I am very happy. 2500HD SLT Off Road with Hemi power. Use it for farm work and commuting to work. Most I have pulled is a 36,000-pound wagon and is had plenty of power for the job. My wife made many runs this fall with 24,000-pound wagon and had no problems,even coming out of a soft field. (it was quite a sight!) This is a true truck..

Driving shouldn't be this fun, or should
By 04hemi on 07/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab ST Rwd LB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

I went from a 1995 Dodge Ram 1500 Std cab 5.9 Ltr (235Hp) engine... to a 2002 Tundra access cad with a 6cyl (190HP) engine. It was nice having the extra 2 doors, but I really missed when I push on the gas for the truck to just go and when we go riding (4 wheelers) my truck wouldn't want to go very well down the highway against the wind. I have just bought a 2004 Std cab Ram 1500 with a 5.7Ltr HEMI... Man it is nice to know I have at least 345HP that let's me do what ever I want, when I want. The pedal has an endless supply of power at any speed-RPM. RPM.

tried the rest bought the best
By ghettoct on 03/01/04 00:00 AM (PST)

we were looking to buy a 4X4 truck and test drove the new ford f150, toyota tundra and the dodge ram. the toyota was nice but small, the ford was over priced and had no umph, and the ram....well....it took us by the horns! on our test drive i floored it and man it was nice to be planted in the seat...the interior was well thought out and not only finctional but pleasing to the eye. the overall look, ride and price was too nice to pass. i got my 2500 SLT with several options and the price was 200 over what the basic f150 was. iam very pleased with my new addition and its nice to see some pick up in a pick up! nice sound of the hemi!

2500 with HO Cummins / 6 speed trans
By aero on 11/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

The pulling power of this truck is amazing. Pulling a 6000 LB skid steer on a 2500 LB trailer at 7000 ft elevation with no lack of power. Good brakes but I would recommend the E- Brake by Jacob's this is a bolt mod on at the Cummins dealer no warrantee issues. Cold weather starting has been without issue and it doesn't sound like the engine is going to come out of the hood when you do start it on a 10 degree morning. Get this truck if you need a workhorse built to do what most pickups cannot do walk away if you are wanting a cruiser for getting groceries.