2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 2500 model:
High Repair Costs
By not_dodge on 05/19/09 08:31 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 2dr Regular Cab SLT 4WD LB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

I love this truck. It's a real stump puller. Tows heavy loads great.

good machine
By mytruck on 11/16/04 12:32 PM (PST)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 2dr Regular Cab SLT 4WD LB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

This is my first dodge and I am very happy. 2500HD SLT Off Road with Hemi power. Use it for farm work and commuting to work. Most I have pulled is a 36,000-pound wagon and is had plenty of power for the job. My wife made many runs this fall with 24,000-pound wagon and had no problems,even coming out of a soft field. (it was quite a sight!) This is a true truck..

tried the rest bought the best
By ghettoct on 03/01/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 2dr Regular Cab SLT 4WD LB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

we were looking to buy a 4X4 truck and test drove the new ford f150, toyota tundra and the dodge ram. the toyota was nice but small, the ford was over priced and had no umph, and the ram....well....it took us by the horns! on our test drive i floored it and man it was nice to be planted in the seat...the interior was well thought out and not only finctional but pleasing to the eye. the overall look, ride and price was too nice to pass. i got my 2500 SLT with several options and the price was 200 over what the basic f150 was. iam very pleased with my new addition and its nice to see some pick up in a pick up! nice sound of the hemi!

2500 with HO Cummins / 6 speed trans
By aero on 11/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 2dr Regular Cab SLT 4WD LB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

The pulling power of this truck is amazing. Pulling a 6000 LB skid steer on a 2500 LB trailer at 7000 ft elevation with no lack of power. Good brakes but I would recommend the E- Brake by Jacob's this is a bolt mod on at the Cummins dealer no warrantee issues. Cold weather starting has been without issue and it doesn't sound like the engine is going to come out of the hood when you do start it on a 10 degree morning. Get this truck if you need a workhorse built to do what most pickups cannot do walk away if you are wanting a cruiser for getting groceries.