Wife's new love.
By mrmarkmac on
2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)
4x4, 4-door Hemi 2500-It's handsome, tall and very rugged. After recently suffering the woes of owning an IFS 4x4 Chevy, I was ready for a solid front axle truck. That doesn't exist in the 1/2-ton class, so bring on the 3/4-ton class. Choosing between the Ford and Dodge was easy (Chevy's HD trucks are all IFS). The Dodge AAM axles are larger, the Dodge standard gas engine (HEMI) is more powerful and efficient, and the Dodge price was better. YES, the truck is fast. It's a 6000lb, 3/4ton truck that does a 17.5sec 1/4 mile, or can haul my 4-horse trailer.
Favorite Features
The HEMI rumble. The big AAM axles NVG271 manual transfer case. 545RFE, 5-speed auto transmission has 2 overdrives. 4th gear is 0.75 to 1, and 5th is 0.67 to 1. Cruise control at 70mph will bring 15mpg. 4-wheel disk brakes. Front coil springs. It fits in my garage.
Suggested Improvements
The interior is bland and cheap looking. I wish it had the bed features of the Nissan Titan (compartments, factory liner, attachment points, etc.) Your wife may ignore you for the truck.