What a Delight
By Fishcop retired on
2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd LB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)
Traded our 1992 Dodge Cummins, which was a crusty, tough & dependable (but loud) rig, on this new to us 2003 Dodge 2500 Cummins. Who'd have believed a dealer's claim that a 7 year old truck "drives like new"? But it really does. It's been the last 6 years on a farm, minor bumps and bruises in the box, but in exceptional shape otherwise. Being able to carry on a normal conversation, without electronic ear protectors is another bonus! In the old '92 Dodge we had to raise our voices to be heard even with the noise muffs. Fuel economy blew me away. I was happy enough with the previous truck's 20 - 22 MPG (US), but this one cruises between 25 and 27 at speeds from 55 to 60 mph.
Favorite Features
Modern practical interior... cup holder locations that are where they should be, center seat back storage unit, thick lipped tailgate that won't likely bow after 10 trips over it with my ATV.
Suggested Improvements
None to think of yet... I'm just delighted that the truck built around this Cummins appears to be built to last a lot longer than the body on my old '92... Road salt here in Ontario destroyed the box frames. Frames on this one still like new.