Very nice truck, but with annoying flaws
By scott on
2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)
This truck looks and sounds mean. It's my third Dodge. The Hemi is throaty and torquey, but is not all it's cracked up to be speed-wise with the weight of the 2500. I bought it used and have gone 3k trouble-free miles, except for a replaced leaky steering box (under warranty). It's very comfortable and has great visibility. The 4WD works great. However, I have a rattling window, a chirping (ocassionally) blower fan and a squeaky hood that needs lubrication every few days. Much of Chrysler interior plastic is chintzy. The cloth seat material is "fuzzy" and catches all sorts of debris and is tough to clean. Although the cruise controls are on the wheel where I like them, they are tough to get at. Jumpy throttle from a stop.
Favorite Features
Infinity sound. Stereo controls in steering wheel. Looks. Overhead console information. (except when you are watching your mileage!). Good storage spaces. Creates "truck-envy" when she passes by.
Suggested Improvements
Gas mileage - it's pitiful even for a 3/4 ton pick-up (average 9 - 12). Better fit and finish - my '96 1/2 ton was better in this department. Higher quality paint - Chrysler vehicles seem to chip very easily. 4.10 axle not mated real well with the tranny at slow speeds.