Ram 03 2wd quad
By George on
2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)
I bought this truck new. It has lasted through 3 hobbies so far. A fifth wheel camper, a horse trailer, and now a 24ft cabin cruiser. It is the Laramie, edition with separate climate control for the front passenger, great for me and the wife. The leather has held up, mo cracks. It has pulled my stuff to Canada and back, Iowa and back and Key West and back. I live in NC. Still love this truck. I got the 2wd because, I new I'd be on the highway most of the time. A few times I could have used 4wd, but I enjoy the ride and fuel efficiency. 5.9 cummins standard output with a chip. I get 20 to 22 mpg empty. I can pull the 14 ft gooesneck and get 17mpg. With the 25ft fifth wheel I got 14 mpg.
Favorite Features
I like the Quad cab for storage and passengers. Love the split climate control, ^ disc CD changer and heated seats. The leather in the front has been very confortable and tough as well.
Suggested Improvements
A telescopic steering wheel would be nice and auto climate control would be a nice improvement. Mine is, turn it up or down as the sun changes.