Laramie HO Diesel 48RE Automatic 4WD
By Dodge Rules on
2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD LB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)
I did extensive comparisons of Dodge, Ford, Chevy and GMC. After years of owning Ford heavies, I thought it would be tough to switch but Dodge has done their homework and kicks butt on the competition. Incredible truck so far. It makes me want to take a long road trip. Quietest diesel. Tons of power and plenty of top end. The automatic (RE48) is smooth and solid. Great turning circle. With less than 3000 miles were already getting 18 mpg combined city (60%) and freeway (40%). Fits and finishes are as good or better than the competition.
Favorite Features
In addition to all the above we also particularly like the fold-flat floor under the rear seat. Accessible with one hand and great for hauling tools, bags of seed, groceries, the dog, etc. Dodge definitely paid more attention to the details than the competition has.
Suggested Improvements
Get Chrysler Corporation to make it more attractive for non-selling dealers to work on a vehicle even if the vehicle wasnít purchased from that dealer. I had a local dealer inform me that they would not provide basic warranty work on my truck since I didnít buy it from them.