H.O. Diesel is the best engine for the $
By HJE13 on
2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)
I have had the truck for just over 7 months now. I really have enjoyed every aspect of it. Has some serious get up and go. I took it up against one of my friends who has the new Hemi and blew his doors off. We then each put 3,000 lbs trailers on headed up the the mountain. I couldnt even see him in my mirror!!! And at the gas pump he paid, where mine wasnt much more different than normal. With a chip, air intake and exhaust adding well over 180lbs of torque I feel I could take almost any car, let alone truck on the road.
Favorite Features
I really enjoy the sleak design with the comfortable ride. For a 3/4 ton pickup it rides great. Tons better than the Ford, but not as nice as the Chevy. Of course the HP, has more than the Duramax, but just a shade less than the Ford Powerstroke.
Suggested Improvements
Things I think the should improve is the area above the bumper, but just under the lights. This area is a joke, paint peeled after first 5,000 miles. However was covered under warranty. If you have a new truck, get a clear bra put on before you have any problems.