A Real Man's Truck
By Dennis on
2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)
This is my first new pickup truck and I'm never going back to a car. Traded a 2001 Lincoln Continental because we needed something to two our boat and I had a used Dodge pickup before. The build quality has improved on this Chrysler product so much so that I can't find the words adequate to describe it. Everything fits. Corners fit. Moldings are straight. You can sure tell the Mercedes influence in these vehicles. Most comfortable seats I've ever driven with on long distance trips. Not even a hint of a rattle or problem. If you test drive one of these you'd better be prepared to buy because you WILL want to. Solid, Solid, Solid.
Favorite Features
This is the tightest, most well built vehicle I've ever owned even if it's got a Chrysler badge. Mercedes influence is sure showing. That Hemi V8 has no peers. Raw smooth power under any conditions. Not a hint of problems. Reliablilty perfect. This is the ultimate truck.
Suggested Improvements
They could engineer it so that the rear spark plugs would be easier to get to. There's 2 plugs per cylinder. I also wonder why it hold 7 quarts of oil as oppossed to 5. Thats about the only things I can thing of. The 5 speed auto tranny is flawless so far with synthetic fluid.