Used 2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 2500 model:

Cost of Horsepower
By coach

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

Had always driven GM vehicles but cost and warranty made Dodge a viable alternative. I have been very pleased and can't imagine going back to a GM product. GM and Ford will have to get in line with warranties and pricing to better compete.

Power of the Hemi. It is very fun to drive and is intimidating out on the highway.

Lack of fuel efficiency will ultimately force me to part with it. Averages only 11.5 mpg. Will go to the Cummins next time for sure.

Hard rider
By dansdad

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd LB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

Truck is a diesel, runs well, but has a horrible ride. This is normal for this type of truck. I bought it for hauling my travel trailer and it does a good job there, but otherwise its a beast to park to say the least. Interior is plastic. Seats are not coushioned as wellas they should be. Rear seating is ok for kids, but folds down for extra storage, a plus.Truck has nice lines.

Stereo, 750 option

Fix the ride I would NOT buy again

This Monster Is a Blast!
By Bill B

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

I bought my Dodge 2500 SLT 4x4 Crew Cab and was immediately impressed with the overall appearance compared to previous Dodge models. The ride is stiff as could be expected from a truck this size. Although the power is impressive from the Hemi, the handling is not as good as you might expect. I've noticed that the trucks body is higher (hood) then equivilent Fords and Chevy's I have compared it to. Get ready spend some money at the pump after purchasing this pig! Average fuel consumption is between 13-14 mpg. Overall, I really like it, and I cannot imagine myself in anything else on the market right now.

Appearance, power

Interior design, fuel efficiency

Wife's new love.
By mrmarkmac

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

4x4, 4-door Hemi 2500-It's handsome, tall and very rugged. After recently suffering the woes of owning an IFS 4x4 Chevy, I was ready for a solid front axle truck. That doesn't exist in the 1/2-ton class, so bring on the 3/4-ton class. Choosing between the Ford and Dodge was easy (Chevy's HD trucks are all IFS). The Dodge AAM axles are larger, the Dodge standard gas engine (HEMI) is more powerful and efficient, and the Dodge price was better. YES, the truck is fast. It's a 6000lb, 3/4ton truck that does a 17.5sec 1/4 mile, or can haul my 4-horse trailer.

The HEMI rumble. The big AAM axles NVG271 manual transfer case. 545RFE, 5-speed auto transmission has 2 overdrives. 4th gear is 0.75 to 1, and 5th is 0.67 to 1. Cruise control at 70mph will bring 15mpg. 4-wheel disk brakes. Front coil springs. It fits in my garage.

The interior is bland and cheap looking. I wish it had the bed features of the Nissan Titan (compartments, factory liner, attachment points, etc.) Your wife may ignore you for the truck.

Power to spare
By Vulcelt1

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

I waited for the year that the 2500 was introduced with the redesign + the Hemi. It has not been disappointing. I have received a lot of compliments on it in the past year, mostly on its style, but this truck has got guts where it counts. I hauled a lot of building material over the summer and it was more than capable. The Laramie package has all the necessary creature comforts for my long commute.

AM/FM/CD/Cassette sound system, folding rear seats, flexible center console

Lights on with wipers, XM satellite radio, auto on-demand 4WD, tighter turning radius