Used 2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 2500 model:

Great truck
By ben

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD LB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

Wonderful economy for a 3/4 ton truck. I can get about 18 MPG average w/no trailer and 13 MPH with about 10k pounds of cattle and trailer. My kids love the rear seat and there is plenty of storage room. Two complaints: More lumbar support would be nice and my driver side grab handle came loose 2 weeks after I bought the truck. I am 6'0 195, so I should not be too large for it. I am going to get a 2005 for the added HP and torque.

Favorite Features

The diesel engine is very quiet and gets about as good fuel economy as one would expect. The style is wonderful. This truck looks tough!!

Suggested Improvements

Better seats, they are OK but could be better.

my review
By cummins

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD LB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

The truck has a ton of power and has got to be the best looking truck out there.The only thing the truck needs is a five speed automatic tranny.

Favorite Features

styling the power the ride the coolness

Suggested Improvements

needs a five speed automatic tranny

Large Sportscar With An 8ft. Bed
By celicamaneight

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD LB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

I have only had my truck for a month and I have one thing to say,"WOW!!!". I have had Chevy's and Ford's(Ford's being my favorite), but this "HEMI" has got them all whipped. Pulling a heavy trailer, passing, pulling a steep hill, or getting to where your going quick is nothing to this truck. If anyone wants a real truck, this is it!!!

Favorite Features

Power, comfort, great looks, kickin' sound system, what more could you ask for?

Suggested Improvements

What are you talking about???

2500 Ram
By Scott312

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

Excellent overall... Over a year old and NEVER in for repair.

Favorite Features

No favorite feature

Suggested Improvements

Better gas mileage

A Real Man's Truck
By Dennis

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

This is my first new pickup truck and I'm never going back to a car. Traded a 2001 Lincoln Continental because we needed something to two our boat and I had a used Dodge pickup before. The build quality has improved on this Chrysler product so much so that I can't find the words adequate to describe it. Everything fits. Corners fit. Moldings are straight. You can sure tell the Mercedes influence in these vehicles. Most comfortable seats I've ever driven with on long distance trips. Not even a hint of a rattle or problem. If you test drive one of these you'd better be prepared to buy because you WILL want to. Solid, Solid, Solid.

Favorite Features

This is the tightest, most well built vehicle I've ever owned even if it's got a Chrysler badge. Mercedes influence is sure showing. That Hemi V8 has no peers. Raw smooth power under any conditions. Not a hint of problems. Reliablilty perfect. This is the ultimate truck.

Suggested Improvements

They could engineer it so that the rear spark plugs would be easier to get to. There's 2 plugs per cylinder. I also wonder why it hold 7 quarts of oil as oppossed to 5. Thats about the only things I can thing of. The 5 speed auto tranny is flawless so far with synthetic fluid.