2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 2500 model:
The Beast
By Montana Marko on 12/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

Bought a Quad Cab , Sport package. Hemi, 5 spd. What a great ride. Tons of power, great suspension, wonderful amenities. Love the storage capability. Will haul everything that I need and then some. Dodge strikes again!

Great Truck, Great Price!
By jasonw on 10/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

Being a Chevy man my whole life this was a big change for me to buy a new Dodge. But I got an SLT Diesel 4-door 3/4 ton 4X4 for UNDER $30,000! A comparable Chevy was over $35,000. As a plus, I got a better warranty and the ledgendary reliabiliy of the Cummins engine. Granted, I only have 2,000 miles on the truck so far, but am extremely happy with it in every way. Fuel mileage isn't quite what I expected (21 mpg highway, 16 city) but should improve over time.

the hemi rocks
By dogehemi on 10/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD LB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

test drove all other trucks not one even comes close to the hemi in the power it delivers. if you want a truck buy the Dodge hemi. all others are just tonka toys

'04 2500 SLT 4x4 QC SB Cummins HO 48RE
By Monkey on 10/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

I am really impressed with the build quality of this Dodge. The fit and finish, both interior & exterior, is several steps above GMC. The Ford fit and finish was pretty good, but the doors and seat material felt cheep and flimsy. I didn't care for the dated dash either. The F-250 SD steering was horribly vague as well. This Dodge truck is so incredible that I had to have one and I wasn't even in the market for a new truck, but made the mistake of driving one (helping a family member - test drove all 3 brands). True, the ride is a bit firm the first few hundred miles, but it improves.

Could not be happier
By SkyBlade on 09/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD LB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

This truck is a true joy to drive. It has an ungodly amout of power from 1000 rpm's all the way through 3250. If I feel sporty I can chirp my BFG 35x12.5x17's when shifting from 2 to 3! The truck still retains nimble handling and a good ride quality. There are no rattles and the sound system is incredible. I can not say one bad thing about the truck. None.

Diesel Engine Failure
By Ramhead on 09/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

At 615 miles the engine failed. Service dept. said #6 pushrod broke. Stated that Dodge techs knew where to look for the problem. It sounded like this had happened before.

silver bullet
By mar1peehs on 09/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD LB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

a fine truck,silver color looks great, had a 2002 4x2 with 4.7, had to move up to the hemi 5.7,it has lots of get up and go, I recomend this truck over a ford any day. very sturdy ride, turning is smooth, have st model, get the power locks and window option if you can. I did not and wish I could have. see ya on the road.

H.O. Diesel is the best engine for the $
By HJE13 on 09/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

I have had the truck for just over 7 months now. I really have enjoyed every aspect of it. Has some serious get up and go. I took it up against one of my friends who has the new Hemi and blew his doors off. We then each put 3,000 lbs trailers on headed up the the mountain. I couldnt even see him in my mirror!!! And at the gas pump he paid, where mine wasnt much more different than normal. With a chip, air intake and exhaust adding well over 180lbs of torque I feel I could take almost any car, let alone truck on the road.

Cant Pass The Gas Station
By LiedToo on 09/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

This truck is great for looks, power and hauling. Can fit 4 people easily. Nice interior. the dealer lied to me and said i would get just as good or better gas mileage then my 98 durango. This was suppose to be due to the new gearing etc. Lustine Dodge in Woodbridge VA will say anything so you buy a vehilce, dont go there!

Great Truck
By CabTexas on 09/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd LB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

Outstanding vehicle....I traded in a 1997 Ram 2500 Cummins with over 300,000 miles on it so when it came time to replace it there was really only one place to start. I never had to look any further...all of the features I loved about my 1997 but with a huge leap forward in interior design, fit and finish and drivability.