2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 2500 model:
At 36,000 miles...
By jwalker on 06/15/05 14:02 PM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd LB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

I have the Cummin's Diesel HO. The truck has been great overall. Towing is fabulous, and so is the gas mileage, even at the higher diesel prices. In the city. I'm getting14MPG, and on the freeway, up to 25MPG, which is a lot better than the gas counterpart! The only problem so far is the power steering went out for a couple of seconds twice. So they are replacing it now, within 500 miles of the warranty expiration!

Very nice truck, but with annoying flaws
By scott on 05/22/05 20:09 PM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

This truck looks and sounds mean. It's my third Dodge. The Hemi is throaty and torquey, but is not all it's cracked up to be speed-wise with the weight of the 2500. I bought it used and have gone 3k trouble-free miles, except for a replaced leaky steering box (under warranty). It's very comfortable and has great visibility. The 4WD works great. However, I have a rattling window, a chirping (ocassionally) blower fan and a squeaky hood that needs lubrication every few days. Much of Chrysler interior plastic is chintzy. The cloth seat material is "fuzzy" and catches all sorts of debris and is tough to clean. Although the cruise controls are on the wheel where I like them, they are tough to get at. Jumpy throttle from a stop.

Great truck, Great price!
By JasonW on 05/18/05 16:38 PM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

I've always been a "Chevy man" but when it was time to buy my first new truck, I couldn't look the other way when presented with the facts: -Twice the (powertrain) warranty -More horsepower and torque -Better mileage -Legendary Cummins motor -About $5,000 cheaper etc, etc. Looks great, handles great (for a truck), tows great. Stops on a dime. Couldn't ask for anything more. I'm am extremely satisfied with this vehicle. 21,000 problem free miles so far.

The Big Red Ram
By Ed H on 02/05/05 16:57 PM (PST)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

I love this thing. The style rocks. The Hemi power, handling, visability, the gizmos I get to play with included in the Laramie package. Sirius radio. The amount of storage places in this thing is great! It tows a 6000lb trailer with no problems!

Traded Toyota... Don't regret it...
By JWalker on 01/28/05 18:38 PM (PST)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD LB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

I traded my Tundra in on this truck.. and I got the big diesel $5K upgrade package with 4speed automatic. Loved my Toyota, but I bought a 10K lb. enclosed trailer and it felt like the trailer was driving the truck. I have no problem towing with this truck and recently did so in a level 3 snow emergency with no problem! My Tundra got 14-18 MPG... this gets 15-22mpg and it is a heck of a lot larger. 6'4" tall person fits comfortably in the back seat. The suspension is for towing... so it can be rough. Tundra could go 40mph over speedbumps and RR tracks.. Do that here and you get airborne, but that is expected. PS - use diesel conditioner in cold temperatures or it won't run. Dealer didn't mention that

Great truck
By ben on 01/10/05 09:58 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD LB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

Wonderful economy for a 3/4 ton truck. I can get about 18 MPG average w/no trailer and 13 MPH with about 10k pounds of cattle and trailer. My kids love the rear seat and there is plenty of storage room. Two complaints: More lumbar support would be nice and my driver side grab handle came loose 2 weeks after I bought the truck. I am 6'0 195, so I should not be too large for it. I am going to get a 2005 for the added HP and torque.

my review
By cummins on 11/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD LB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

The truck has a ton of power and has got to be the best looking truck out there.The only thing the truck needs is a five speed automatic tranny.

Large Sportscar With An 8ft. Bed
By celicamaneight on 09/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD LB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

I have only had my truck for a month and I have one thing to say,"WOW!!!". I have had Chevy's and Ford's(Ford's being my favorite), but this "HEMI" has got them all whipped. Pulling a heavy trailer, passing, pulling a steep hill, or getting to where your going quick is nothing to this truck. If anyone wants a real truck, this is it!!!

2500 Ram
By Scott312 on 08/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

Excellent overall... Over a year old and NEVER in for repair.

A Real Man's Truck
By Dennis on 07/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

This is my first new pickup truck and I'm never going back to a car. Traded a 2001 Lincoln Continental because we needed something to two our boat and I had a used Dodge pickup before. The build quality has improved on this Chrysler product so much so that I can't find the words adequate to describe it. Everything fits. Corners fit. Moldings are straight. You can sure tell the Mercedes influence in these vehicles. Most comfortable seats I've ever driven with on long distance trips. Not even a hint of a rattle or problem. If you test drive one of these you'd better be prepared to buy because you WILL want to. Solid, Solid, Solid.