2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 2500 model:
Sad in Fla
By sad in Fla on 04/01/07 19:48 PM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd LB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

Getting ready to put the third transmision in the beast. Great truck except for Dodge not being able to build a decent transmission. Love the Cummins engine. Wish the transmission was up to the rest of the truck.

The Best Truck I have Owned Yet!
By Deej DVS on 02/24/07 20:05 PM (PST)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

I drove Chevy trucks and with a new 28 ft 5th wheel I had to get a deisel. I cannot say enough about this truck. I was test driving Ford F-350's for months until I finally test drove this 2003 2500 HO Cummins Turbo Diesel 4x4 SLT. Wow! This truck had 99,661 miles on it and this was the first time I ever drove a truck and just smiled! I love this truck in every way and it has torque for days. I took my 5th wheel to Breakenridge Colorado (10,000+ feet) from Colorado Springs, CO. and never even knew that it was back their with the wife and three kids worth of stuff! Even passed people with my foot barely on the gas! Looking foward to many more trips.

My Dodge Truck
By Richard on 12/22/06 19:13 PM (PST)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD LB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

I use the truck to tow a 30ft 5th wheel and have had no issues except for pollution control pumps and the inablity for service techs to diagnose. It`s a good truck.

60,000 miles
By Dodge Ram Hemi on 09/02/06 22:27 PM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd LB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

Trouble with fuel guage required tank removal and was not covered by guarantee. Early replacement of all 16 spark plugs was costly. Mileage is unsatisfactory. Steering is too sensitive to road bumps. Differential shudders in slow turns. Hemi engine requires special care (extra oil) As a towing vehicle, the truck is satisfactory, and I tow a 30-foot travel trailer or usually tow a fishing boat.

One tough truck!!
By Tom on 06/17/06 18:15 PM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

This truck just won't quit! Cummins diesel motor is bulletproof. Runs like new with 82k miles on it. Large cab, although less legroom in back than Ford or Chevy diesel quad cabs. Not a problem to fit the three kids back there though. Mileage is 20mpg hwy and 15mpg city on average. Controls in cab are simple, intuitive, and well-placed. Tows our 12k# travel trailer like it wasn't even there. Noisy at the drive-through, but there's no doubt you're riding around in one great truck! I'd buy another in a heartbeat.

Tough pickup, bulletproof drivetrain!
By JohnWayne on 04/21/06 12:42 PM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

My '03 2500 Ram has the Hemi and 4x4. I work in fields all over the country so I needed a tough pickup. I have been from Oregon to Maine with this truck. I lifted my Dodge 6" on 35" tires and it works very well. I get about 9-11 MPG which isn't good but I bought the truck with 30,000 on it and have 89,000 and it has always been there for me. My last Ram had over 300,000 on it with the 5.9. My truck has been everywhere with me and has been so reliable I would trust it another 10 years.

I'll never sell it
By mmceldowney on 04/20/06 19:32 PM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD LB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

I checked out Ford and Chevy, then drove this truck. Bought it on the spot, didn't even haggle over the price. I love this truck and will never sell it. The power, the styling, the reliability, the value! I get better mileage with this diesel than I got with my Chevy Blazer. I tow a 25' 8000lb travel trailer and don't even know it's there. I can set the cruise at 70mph and climbs hills while towing without slowing. Dodge got it right!

03 Ram 2500 with CTD
By Randy on 11/07/05 18:34 PM (PST)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd LB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

The best truck I have ever owned. The diesel engine is a must for towing. I tow a large 5th wheel and also use it for a daily driver. It is superb for both. The leather interior is very comfortable and all of the features with the Laramie package are great. I have ahd zero maintenance problems so far. Sure beat the Chevy that I traded in!

2500 Ram 4 Dr. SLT LB DSL HO
By DB on 10/19/05 21:23 PM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

We purchased this truck to pull campers and car trailers with. Unbelievable power from the Cummins HO Diesel. This truck can pull 15,000# trailers and hardly notice they are back there. Mileage is outstanding with 21 MPG unloaded and 13/14 pulling trailers. This is impressive after getting 5-7 with Ford 460 gas engines. Engine noise is a little louder than I care for inside the cabin. Three kids love the backseat room. Ride is suprisingly smooth compared to 3/4 ton Chevy's I have owned in the past.

'03 Ram 2500 Cummins
By Chris on 06/26/05 00:22 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

I used to be an exclusive GM owner until my wife and I bought our first travel trailer. Our Chevrolet Avalanche with the optional 4.10 gear ratio handled our trailer horribly. I found out very quickly that I could get a Dodge for about $7,000 less than a similarly equipped GM or Ford Diesel pickup. This has been the best truck I've ever owned.