Used 2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 SLT Quad Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 2500 model:

Love my Dodge Diesel
By Dan

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

Just passed 200K miles recently. HO Diesel still gets 17-19 on average and over 20 hwy. Only repairs were front universals and front diff input seal. I change the oil every 5K. Zero engine or trans problems. Change the trans, diffs, xfer case fluids every 30k. Flush the brakes and cooling at 100K. Truck still drives just like it did when I bought it new. Even the original BFG Rugged Trails went 120K miles. This set looks like they will go about 100K. Extremely reliable and still looks great! By far the best vehicle I have ever owned.

Favorite Features

Diesel engine and overall how well the truck drives for such a big truck. Test drove the Ford with the 7.3 it felt like driving a school bus. So glad I didn't get a Ford 6.0!

Suggested Improvements

Minor-Interior materials are a little cheap looking but they have majorly improved since I bought mine.

I'm impressed.
By IdaAg93

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

Just sold my '04 Silverado 2500 for a Dodge Cummins 2500, QC, 4x4, SB 6-speed, and there is no comparison in quality, toughness, stability, and workmanship. This Dodge is a much better vehicle than the Chevy and I'm a Chevy man for 20 yrs. I just crossed over. It handles better, feels more solid, steering is more precise, handles rough roads better, feels like it cost much more. This truck is one yr older and has 150k more miles than what I had. It feels and drives like it's this yrs model. Wished I'd driven a Dodge long ago.

Favorite Features

Cummins power. Interior fit and finish. Handling on the road. Compartments.

Suggested Improvements

Sheet metal. Automatic lights like Chevy. Small cup holders. Drinks tip over easily.

Fun to Drive but some issues.
By Ken

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

The 5.7 Hemi has allot of power to both pull my boat and get into traffic. I also like the layout of storage under the back seats. The compartments are good at keeping things in order and out of the way. The gas mileage on this truck will drive the best to curse at the gas pumps. Also, the steering is very sensitive to road bumps and at times scary. The interior dash has cracked in several places and I've noticed that trend in other dodge trucks that my friends own. The truck is fun to drive and has allot of power for towing. I'd consider buying dodge again but with the deisel power plant to improve the gas mileage and hope they upgraded the plastic on the dash!

Favorite Features

The Power of the Hemi engine and the storage in the back under the seats. Plus, it's just fun to drive.

Suggested Improvements

Better gas mileage, better plastics on the dash and resolving the front suspension to have better control with rough roads.

good truck
By ccallahan

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

This is an all around good truck. The 2500 hemi has lots of power but poor gas mileage. The only poor quality is the paint, which scratches very easy.

Favorite Features

lots of power

Suggested Improvements

Use a higher quality paint and better gas mileage

The Best Truck I have Owned Yet!
By Deej DVS

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

I drove Chevy trucks and with a new 28 ft 5th wheel I had to get a deisel. I cannot say enough about this truck. I was test driving Ford F-350's for months until I finally test drove this 2003 2500 HO Cummins Turbo Diesel 4x4 SLT. Wow! This truck had 99,661 miles on it and this was the first time I ever drove a truck and just smiled! I love this truck in every way and it has torque for days. I took my 5th wheel to Breakenridge Colorado (10,000+ feet) from Colorado Springs, CO. and never even knew that it was back their with the wife and three kids worth of stuff! Even passed people with my foot barely on the gas! Looking foward to many more trips.

Favorite Features

Cummins HO turbodiesel

Suggested Improvements

Unlock doors when key is shut off and headrest on the back seats