2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab 5.7L V8 4x4 5-speed Manual 6.3 ft. Bed Consumer Reviews

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab - Consumer Reviews

SLT Quad Cab (5.7L V8 4x4 5-speed Manual 6.3 ft. Bed)

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 2500 model:
Love my Dodge Diesel
By Dan on 09/13/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

Just passed 200K miles recently. HO Diesel still gets 17-19 on average and over 20 hwy. Only repairs were front universals and front diff input seal. I change the oil every 5K. Zero engine or trans problems. Change the trans, diffs, xfer case fluids every 30k. Flush the brakes and cooling at 100K. Truck still drives just like it did when I bought it new. Even the original BFG Rugged Trails went 120K miles. This set looks like they will go about 100K. Extremely reliable and still looks great! By far the best vehicle I have ever owned.

I'm impressed.
By IdaAg93 on 03/24/10 22:14 PM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

Just sold my '04 Silverado 2500 for a Dodge Cummins 2500, QC, 4x4, SB 6-speed, and there is no comparison in quality, toughness, stability, and workmanship. This Dodge is a much better vehicle than the Chevy and I'm a Chevy man for 20 yrs. I just crossed over. It handles better, feels more solid, steering is more precise, handles rough roads better, feels like it cost much more. This truck is one yr older and has 150k more miles than what I had. It feels and drives like it's this yrs model. Wished I'd driven a Dodge long ago.

Fun to Drive but some issues.
By Ken on 02/11/10 09:20 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

The 5.7 Hemi has allot of power to both pull my boat and get into traffic. I also like the layout of storage under the back seats. The compartments are good at keeping things in order and out of the way. The gas mileage on this truck will drive the best to curse at the gas pumps. Also, the steering is very sensitive to road bumps and at times scary. The interior dash has cracked in several places and I've noticed that trend in other dodge trucks that my friends own. The truck is fun to drive and has allot of power for towing. I'd consider buying dodge again but with the deisel power plant to improve the gas mileage and hope they upgraded the plastic on the dash!

good truck
By ccallahan on 06/13/08 15:22 PM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

This is an all around good truck. The 2500 hemi has lots of power but poor gas mileage. The only poor quality is the paint, which scratches very easy.

The Best Truck I have Owned Yet!
By Deej DVS on 02/24/07 20:05 PM (PST)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

I drove Chevy trucks and with a new 28 ft 5th wheel I had to get a deisel. I cannot say enough about this truck. I was test driving Ford F-350's for months until I finally test drove this 2003 2500 HO Cummins Turbo Diesel 4x4 SLT. Wow! This truck had 99,661 miles on it and this was the first time I ever drove a truck and just smiled! I love this truck in every way and it has torque for days. I took my 5th wheel to Breakenridge Colorado (10,000+ feet) from Colorado Springs, CO. and never even knew that it was back their with the wife and three kids worth of stuff! Even passed people with my foot barely on the gas! Looking foward to many more trips.

One tough truck!!
By Tom on 06/17/06 18:15 PM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

This truck just won't quit! Cummins diesel motor is bulletproof. Runs like new with 82k miles on it. Large cab, although less legroom in back than Ford or Chevy diesel quad cabs. Not a problem to fit the three kids back there though. Mileage is 20mpg hwy and 15mpg city on average. Controls in cab are simple, intuitive, and well-placed. Tows our 12k# travel trailer like it wasn't even there. Noisy at the drive-through, but there's no doubt you're riding around in one great truck! I'd buy another in a heartbeat.

Tough pickup, bulletproof drivetrain!
By JohnWayne on 04/21/06 12:42 PM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

My '03 2500 Ram has the Hemi and 4x4. I work in fields all over the country so I needed a tough pickup. I have been from Oregon to Maine with this truck. I lifted my Dodge 6" on 35" tires and it works very well. I get about 9-11 MPG which isn't good but I bought the truck with 30,000 on it and have 89,000 and it has always been there for me. My last Ram had over 300,000 on it with the 5.9. My truck has been everywhere with me and has been so reliable I would trust it another 10 years.

2500 Ram 4 Dr. SLT LB DSL HO
By DB on 10/19/05 21:23 PM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

We purchased this truck to pull campers and car trailers with. Unbelievable power from the Cummins HO Diesel. This truck can pull 15,000# trailers and hardly notice they are back there. Mileage is outstanding with 21 MPG unloaded and 13/14 pulling trailers. This is impressive after getting 5-7 with Ford 460 gas engines. Engine noise is a little louder than I care for inside the cabin. Three kids love the backseat room. Ride is suprisingly smooth compared to 3/4 ton Chevy's I have owned in the past.

'03 Ram 2500 Cummins
By Chris on 06/26/05 00:22 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

I used to be an exclusive GM owner until my wife and I bought our first travel trailer. Our Chevrolet Avalanche with the optional 4.10 gear ratio handled our trailer horribly. I found out very quickly that I could get a Dodge for about $7,000 less than a similarly equipped GM or Ford Diesel pickup. This has been the best truck I've ever owned.

Very nice truck, but with annoying flaws
By scott on 05/22/05 20:09 PM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

This truck looks and sounds mean. It's my third Dodge. The Hemi is throaty and torquey, but is not all it's cracked up to be speed-wise with the weight of the 2500. I bought it used and have gone 3k trouble-free miles, except for a replaced leaky steering box (under warranty). It's very comfortable and has great visibility. The 4WD works great. However, I have a rattling window, a chirping (ocassionally) blower fan and a squeaky hood that needs lubrication every few days. Much of Chrysler interior plastic is chintzy. The cloth seat material is "fuzzy" and catches all sorts of debris and is tough to clean. Although the cruise controls are on the wheel where I like them, they are tough to get at. Jumpy throttle from a stop.

1 2 3 4 5 next »