Used 2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 SLT Quad Cab Consumer Reviews - 8 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 2500 model:

Ram 03 2wd quad
By George

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

I bought this truck new. It has lasted through 3 hobbies so far. A fifth wheel camper, a horse trailer, and now a 24ft cabin cruiser. It is the Laramie, edition with separate climate control for the front passenger, great for me and the wife. The leather has held up, mo cracks. It has pulled my stuff to Canada and back, Iowa and back and Key West and back. I live in NC. Still love this truck. I got the 2wd because, I new I'd be on the highway most of the time. A few times I could have used 4wd, but I enjoy the ride and fuel efficiency. 5.9 cummins standard output with a chip. I get 20 to 22 mpg empty. I can pull the 14 ft gooesneck and get 17mpg. With the 25ft fifth wheel I got 14 mpg.

I like the Quad cab for storage and passengers. Love the split climate control, ^ disc CD changer and heated seats. The leather in the front has been very confortable and tough as well.

A telescopic steering wheel would be nice and auto climate control would be a nice improvement. Mine is, turn it up or down as the sun changes.

Peice of junk
By silverbuck

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

Replaced all u joints, front hub, front drive shaft and the motor, yes the motor and this is my everyday family vehicle, pampered everyday. Terrible on fuel.

Engine sound, exterior looks great.

Everything other than the exterior the truck needs a serious overhaul, my truck has lived in the shop. I hate it. I sent an e-mail to Dodge about my truck with all of the repairs and the only thing they said was sorry about your look, hope you will continue to buy dodge products. WOW

A real truck
By cummins diesel

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

I traded my Toyota Tundra for the Dodge with a Cummins, because my Tundra couldnt handle my large fifth wheel travel trailer. The Cummins is awsome. It pulls my 12,000 lb. trailer like its not even there. I have to be careful or I will look down and be doing 80 mph without even knowing it. This truck will pull a house, it has terrific brakes, they stop on a dime. Fantastic heavy duty suspension. I can load this truck and it barely squats. A real mans truck. All this and I get 22 to 25 mpg highway and I still get around 15 pulling a trailer. The Cummins starts perfectly cold or hot. Great truck

The commanding road view and feel. Fun to drive. The smooth and strong cummins power, and fuel economy. The heavy duty work truck capability.

The body metal dents a little too easily. Paint needs to be more durable. Air conditioner freezes up at high speeds on really hot days. But I am told that adding an elbow to the drain condenser drain hose will fix it.

Fuel system n/g
By Robert Kelley

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

I've had my ram diesel in the shop 3 times due to fuel system problems mostly the fuel pump dodge tells me it's my fault and don't want to warranty it.

power & fuel mileage

fuel filtering system

A Real Man's Truck
By Dennis

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

This is my first new pickup truck and
I'm never going back to a car. Traded
a 2001 Lincoln Continental because we
needed something to two our boat and I
had a used Dodge pickup before. The
build quality has improved on this
Chrysler product so much so that I
can't find the words adequate to
describe it. Everything fits. Corners
fit. Moldings are straight. You can
sure tell the Mercedes influence in
these vehicles. Most comfortable seats
I've ever driven with on long distance
trips. Not even a hint of a rattle or
problem. If you test drive one of
these you'd better be prepared to buy
because you WILL want to. Solid,
Solid, Solid.

This is the tightest, most well built vehicle I've ever owned even if it's got a Chrysler badge. Mercedes influence is sure showing. That Hemi V8 has no peers. Raw smooth power under any conditions. Not a hint of problems. Reliablilty perfect. This is the ultimate truck.

They could engineer it so that the rear spark plugs would be easier to get to. There's 2 plugs per cylinder. I also wonder why it hold 7 quarts of oil as oppossed to 5. Thats about the only things I can thing of. The 5 speed auto tranny is flawless so far with synthetic fluid.