2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 2500 model:
Ram 03 2wd quad
By George on 11/22/09 14:38 PM (PST)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

I bought this truck new. It has lasted through 3 hobbies so far. A fifth wheel camper, a horse trailer, and now a 24ft cabin cruiser. It is the Laramie, edition with separate climate control for the front passenger, great for me and the wife. The leather has held up, mo cracks. It has pulled my stuff to Canada and back, Iowa and back and Key West and back. I live in NC. Still love this truck. I got the 2wd because, I new I'd be on the highway most of the time. A few times I could have used 4wd, but I enjoy the ride and fuel efficiency. 5.9 cummins standard output with a chip. I get 20 to 22 mpg empty. I can pull the 14 ft gooesneck and get 17mpg. With the 25ft fifth wheel I got 14 mpg.

Peice of junk
By silverbuck on 08/18/09 15:52 PM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

Replaced all u joints, front hub, front drive shaft and the motor, yes the motor and this is my everyday family vehicle, pampered everyday. Terrible on fuel.

A real truck
By cummins diesel on 11/24/08 08:21 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

I traded my Toyota Tundra for the Dodge with a Cummins, because my Tundra couldnt handle my large fifth wheel travel trailer. The Cummins is awsome. It pulls my 12,000 lb. trailer like its not even there. I have to be careful or I will look down and be doing 80 mph without even knowing it. This truck will pull a house, it has terrific brakes, they stop on a dime. Fantastic heavy duty suspension. I can load this truck and it barely squats. A real mans truck. All this and I get 22 to 25 mpg highway and I still get around 15 pulling a trailer. The Cummins starts perfectly cold or hot. Great truck

Fuel system n/g
By Robert Kelley on 09/03/08 22:00 PM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

I've had my ram diesel in the shop 3 times due to fuel system problems mostly the fuel pump dodge tells me it's my fault and don't want to warranty it.

A Real Man's Truck
By Dennis on 07/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

This is my first new pickup truck and I'm never going back to a car. Traded a 2001 Lincoln Continental because we needed something to two our boat and I had a used Dodge pickup before. The build quality has improved on this Chrysler product so much so that I can't find the words adequate to describe it. Everything fits. Corners fit. Moldings are straight. You can sure tell the Mercedes influence in these vehicles. Most comfortable seats I've ever driven with on long distance trips. Not even a hint of a rattle or problem. If you test drive one of these you'd better be prepared to buy because you WILL want to. Solid, Solid, Solid.

Luv the Sound
By dad on 07/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

It's been a long time since anyone has stopped me on the street to tell that my ride is exactly what they wanted, but its happened twice in two weeks. makes an old man feel like a kid again.

heavy duty ram
By hipeflip on 03/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

You dont know what a truck is till you drive this beauty. Acceleration of a car with the feeling of a tank. This truck picks you up and never lets you down. Best truck I ever owned.

kick a** truck!
By hemiguy on 11/04/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

this truck is AWESOME! for a 6100 pound vehicle, let me tell you, its got plenty of giddyup with the 5.7 Hemi and 5 sp auto. WHOA!!!