2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 2500 model:
Love my Dodge Diesel
By Dan on 09/13/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

Just passed 200K miles recently. HO Diesel still gets 17-19 on average and over 20 hwy. Only repairs were front universals and front diff input seal. I change the oil every 5K. Zero engine or trans problems. Change the trans, diffs, xfer case fluids every 30k. Flush the brakes and cooling at 100K. Truck still drives just like it did when I bought it new. Even the original BFG Rugged Trails went 120K miles. This set looks like they will go about 100K. Extremely reliable and still looks great! By far the best vehicle I have ever owned.

What a Delight
By Fishcop retired on 03/29/10 19:31 PM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd LB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

Traded our 1992 Dodge Cummins, which was a crusty, tough & dependable (but loud) rig, on this new to us 2003 Dodge 2500 Cummins. Who'd have believed a dealer's claim that a 7 year old truck "drives like new"? But it really does. It's been the last 6 years on a farm, minor bumps and bruises in the box, but in exceptional shape otherwise. Being able to carry on a normal conversation, without electronic ear protectors is another bonus! In the old '92 Dodge we had to raise our voices to be heard even with the noise muffs. Fuel economy blew me away. I was happy enough with the previous truck's 20 - 22 MPG (US), but this one cruises between 25 and 27 at speeds from 55 to 60 mph.

I'm impressed.
By IdaAg93 on 03/24/10 22:14 PM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

Just sold my '04 Silverado 2500 for a Dodge Cummins 2500, QC, 4x4, SB 6-speed, and there is no comparison in quality, toughness, stability, and workmanship. This Dodge is a much better vehicle than the Chevy and I'm a Chevy man for 20 yrs. I just crossed over. It handles better, feels more solid, steering is more precise, handles rough roads better, feels like it cost much more. This truck is one yr older and has 150k more miles than what I had. It feels and drives like it's this yrs model. Wished I'd driven a Dodge long ago.

Fun to Drive but some issues.
By Ken on 02/11/10 09:20 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

The 5.7 Hemi has allot of power to both pull my boat and get into traffic. I also like the layout of storage under the back seats. The compartments are good at keeping things in order and out of the way. The gas mileage on this truck will drive the best to curse at the gas pumps. Also, the steering is very sensitive to road bumps and at times scary. The interior dash has cracked in several places and I've noticed that trend in other dodge trucks that my friends own. The truck is fun to drive and has allot of power for towing. I'd consider buying dodge again but with the deisel power plant to improve the gas mileage and hope they upgraded the plastic on the dash!

Ram 03 2wd quad
By George on 11/22/09 14:38 PM (PST)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

I bought this truck new. It has lasted through 3 hobbies so far. A fifth wheel camper, a horse trailer, and now a 24ft cabin cruiser. It is the Laramie, edition with separate climate control for the front passenger, great for me and the wife. The leather has held up, mo cracks. It has pulled my stuff to Canada and back, Iowa and back and Key West and back. I live in NC. Still love this truck. I got the 2wd because, I new I'd be on the highway most of the time. A few times I could have used 4wd, but I enjoy the ride and fuel efficiency. 5.9 cummins standard output with a chip. I get 20 to 22 mpg empty. I can pull the 14 ft gooesneck and get 17mpg. With the 25ft fifth wheel I got 14 mpg.

Best Truck Ever! Hemi Power
By JB on 08/27/09 11:38 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

This is by far the best truck I have ever owned. I was never a big Dodge fan before, but I am now. This has been the most reliable truck I have owned and without a doubt it should last me at least another 100,000 miles or so. The gas mileage I think is pretty exceptional considering this is a 5.7 liter engine in a heavy duty truck. I was never one to go for the smaller gas engines especially since I didn’t want to sacrifice power over a few extra miles per gallon. I have received more compliments about this truck than any of the others brands. If I were to buy another truck it will be very hard for me not to consider another Ram.

Peice of junk
By silverbuck on 08/18/09 15:52 PM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

Replaced all u joints, front hub, front drive shaft and the motor, yes the motor and this is my everyday family vehicle, pampered everyday. Terrible on fuel.

A real truck
By cummins diesel on 11/24/08 08:21 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

I traded my Toyota Tundra for the Dodge with a Cummins, because my Tundra couldnt handle my large fifth wheel travel trailer. The Cummins is awsome. It pulls my 12,000 lb. trailer like its not even there. I have to be careful or I will look down and be doing 80 mph without even knowing it. This truck will pull a house, it has terrific brakes, they stop on a dime. Fantastic heavy duty suspension. I can load this truck and it barely squats. A real mans truck. All this and I get 22 to 25 mpg highway and I still get around 15 pulling a trailer. The Cummins starts perfectly cold or hot. Great truck

Fuel system n/g
By Robert Kelley on 09/03/08 22:00 PM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

I've had my ram diesel in the shop 3 times due to fuel system problems mostly the fuel pump dodge tells me it's my fault and don't want to warranty it.

good truck
By ccallahan on 06/13/08 15:22 PM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

This is an all around good truck. The 2500 hemi has lots of power but poor gas mileage. The only poor quality is the paint, which scratches very easy.