2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 5.9L V8 4x4 5-speed Manual 8.2 ft. Bed Consumer Review - Very Poor Vehicle

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab - Consumer Review

Very Poor Vehicle
By ai7j on

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD LB (5.9L 8cyl 5M)

In two years of ownership, it has spent four months in the shop. 2 transmissions, 5 rear axles, electrical problems in the dashboard, tow mirror replacement, and now the steering column fell out. It has been towed to the dealership twice. The quad doors rattle and pop because they don't shut properly. Dodge paint sucks. The hood, roof and rocker panels are completely chipped. Fuel mileage is poor. 9 mpg towing and 16 mpg empty. When a Dodge owner tells you they are getting 22 mpg, they're telling you a lie. Steering is poor. On the freeway, the truck wanders terribly.

Favorite Features

Nothing... I take that back. Looking at it in the rear view mirror of my new Chevrolet Duramax as I leave the Chevy dealer.

Suggested Improvements

Dodge should just give up. The new 2003 and 2004 design is worse than old body style. If the transmission and rear end cannot hold up to the 245 bhp/505 lb/ft of the old motor, I cannot see how it will withstand the 300 + bhp and 600 lb/ft of the new H.O. motor.