2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Consumer Review: Fun at first..

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 - Consumer Review

Fun at first..
By JuniperTree on

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD LB (5.9L 8cyl 5M)

The truck was great for the first 6 years. I had one minor air conditioning repair at around the 2nd year. Then everything started falling apart. The AC began spewing out stinky liquid so the heater core had to be replaced, then the car wouldn't shift out of 2nd without manipulating the gas pedal so the solenoids in the transmission had to be replaced. I pull a 8000lb horse trailer a dozen times a year and when the truck is behaving, she pulls great. I don't think she liked being a commute vehicle.. sitting in bay area traffic I'm sure contributed to the wear and tear. The next truck I get I'm buying will definitely be a 4x4!! I got her stuck more than once.

I'm a short gal so I love scaring people with the engine.

Dash cracked at year 5. Side mirrors have cracked and been replaced multiple times. Rear mirror hatch broke and had to be replaced. Overhead sunglass/remote holder's hatch broke. Goes through brakes like butter.