2000 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Consumer Review: My very last Dodge

2000 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 - Consumer Review

My very last Dodge
By Should've Dodged on

2000 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 SLT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

Fit and finish were very poor. I was in the repair shop 8 times in the first year. Two were for recalls, the rest for squeaky brakes or for an alignment. The alignment was set many times, but the truck still pulls to the right. I had the transmission replaced at 35000 miles because it wouldn't stay in gear. That transmission locked up and stuck in second first gear at 52000 miles. The transmission was rebuilt from scratch at a cost of $2900. I traded this vehicle one day after the transmission rebuild was complete. All told I have spent over a thousand dollars in repairs on this truck and it is STILL UNDER WARRANTY.

The turbodiesel is extremely strong and durable. It would be a good engine in any truck.

Based on this vehicle and another new Dodge purchased the same day - Dodge should improve quality control. Dodge should improve workmanship. Dodge should improve the fit and finish of their products. Dodge should improve the attitudes of their service staff.