2000 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 2500 model:
Fuel Mileage Poor
By hoss on 03/27/08 18:37 PM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Extended Cab SLT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I use this pickup for a lot of different things. I pull four wheelers, snowmobiles, have even pulled a backhoe. Good power but don't pass a gas station.

By Dick on 10/14/06 09:14 AM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Extended Cab SLT 4dr Extended Cab SB

Truck is primarily used for hauling 5th wheel trailer, a 16,000 pound and recently a 12,000 pound. With V-10 gas engine it takes the hills better than any commerical tractor trailers. With anti-slip differential I have never been stuck where I needed a tow. Fuel economy with trailer is poor, at my normal cruising speed of 62 mph, about 7 mpg.

Work Truck
By Todd Vandermolen on 07/08/05 22:41 PM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Extended Cab SLT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I have 92000 miles on my Dodge, and this truck has worked hard and never gave a lick of trouble. I installed a Banks kit on the truck and it will pull anything and still gets 11 mpg towing.

Nice Truck
By quail on 10/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Extended Cab SLT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

Reliable, great mileage and tough as nails. Excellent work vehicle

Friendly owner
By Col Bill on 09/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Extended Cab SLT 4dr Extended Cab LB

71,000 miles with oil, filter and air filter changes every 5,000 miles. Totally reliabible, my opinion. Will buy another if and when this one wears out.

David Lee Reinhart
By David Lee Reinhart on 12/06/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Extended Cab ST 4dr Extended Cab LB

have cummins with 6 speed trans pull 30' travel trailer. 14mpg pulling; trans is fantastic. rate it a 10 only problem i've had is heater/ac temp selector i fixed it ;gate motor not functioning . was a easy fix did it my self

Needs padding
By phidaux on 10/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Extended Cab SLT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I now have 51000 on the truck and it has had only a few problems. It has the cummins diesel and I pull a 11000 pound boat counting trailer from one end of KY to the other. There is plenty of power but I could use a few more when I'm pulling my boat. I think I will put a new computer chip in it. I have leather seats and the padding on the seats is not very much. This is my 4 dodge truk and the cloth seats feel much better for a long ride. The automatic transmission went out at 16000 miles and it was because dodge said in it's manual to keep it out of overdrive when pulling a load. Let it go into over drive and save your tranny.

My very last Dodge
By Should've Dodged on 07/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Extended Cab SLT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

Fit and finish were very poor. I was in the repair shop 8 times in the first year. Two were for recalls, the rest for squeaky brakes or for an alignment. The alignment was set many times, but the truck still pulls to the right. I had the transmission replaced at 35000 miles because it wouldn't stay in gear. That transmission locked up and stuck in second first gear at 52000 miles. The transmission was rebuilt from scratch at a cost of $2900. I traded this vehicle one day after the transmission rebuild was complete. All told I have spent over a thousand dollars in repairs on this truck and it is STILL UNDER WARRANTY.

Best 4x4 For My Money
By Dave Holmes on 07/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Extended Cab SLT 4dr Extended Cab SB

I love this truck, it is the best 4x4 that I have ever driven. It has not been perfect, had to have the steering replaced, but it was done quickly and have had no other problems since. I love the drive, handling and the interior on my truck is awsome, love those leather seats!!