1999 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 2500 model:
Ram with a Cummins
By john in georgia on 09/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Extended Cab Laramie SLT 4dr Extended Cab SB

This has been the best truck I have ever owned. The ride is superior to any other truck. I get great mileage with the diesel(17-19)city, (20-22) highway. I have more power than I need,but love it.

Very Nice & Powerful, but mileage stinks
By jjwooly on 08/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Extended Cab Laramie SLT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Overall a very nice truck to own. I've owned Fords and Chevy's, this is the nicest by far. I choose the V10, which has great power and terrible gas mileage (between 9 & 11 around town). The 4 speed automatic transmission like to hunt a little when in overdrive, but not to bad. The quality is very good. I would recommend this truck to anyone who is looking for a powerful, good looking big truck. Overall 8 of 10 stars:)

Dodge Diesel
By Maark on 08/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Extended Cab Laramie SLT 2dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

Only buy a Dodge Truck with the Cummins Diesel. Great fuel economy and plenty of power. reliable engine, loves to run. The only problem with this truck have been related to Dodge. The Cummins diesel is the backbone of this product. If Ford or Chevy put a Cummins in their trucks I would buy their product. I didn't buy it cause it was a Dodge

My First Dodge
By Daveandson2299 on 08/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Extended Cab Laramie SLT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

I think buying my first Dodge was a huge mistake, although the air conditioning is good on warm days the gas it needs is scary I have never seen a truck so thirsty. I have taken it in four times and it just keeps needing new brakes and tires every time, I would say you should not buy this truck at all.