1999 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 2500 model:
Best truck built
By marvel on 08/04/10 18:41 PM (PDT)

1999 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Extended Cab Laramie SLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

First Dodge I have owned and have been truly impressed with every thing about this truck. Minor maintenance, but no big issues. Cummins diesel 5.9 L is great for hauling with plenty of power to go around. On road trips set the Cruise on 65 mph and enjoy the fuel economy! Got 25 mpg on my last road trip. Enjoy this one so much that I bought the same year make & model but a 3500 with all the same features. Love this one just as much. Can't say enough about this vehicle.

Good truck bad tranny
By woods on 05/26/10 21:22 PM (PDT)

1999 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Extended Cab Laramie SLT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

I have two dodge rams 2500. one is a diesel standard and the other is gasoline automatic. The diesel with the manual has never gave me a problem but the gasoline with the automatic transmission is not so good. Ive rebuilt it twice so far. The mopar automatic is junk. Gas or diesel the tranny's are junk. Engines are good auto tranny's aren't.

Ram V10 Great truck
By John on 10/22/09 10:21 AM (PDT)

1999 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Extended Cab Laramie SLT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

Great truck, I bought it to pull my Jeep and snowmobile trailer. I have over 250,000 miles and it runs great and pulls like a train does not burn or leak oil. The only down fall is the tansmision had to be rebuilt at 240,000 miles.

Yuck
By Whitney on 05/01/09 16:36 PM (PDT)

1999 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Extended Cab Laramie SLT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

Well...to start things off this Diesel truck has a cracked block. Its not the first. I am read up on this and its a big problem. The mileage is ok but the cost on antifreeze in the winter is the killer. The speakers blew in the front within 2 years. Good truck for the first 100, 000 miles.

One great Truck
By Joe on 01/12/08 14:00 PM (PST)

1999 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Extended Cab Laramie SLT 4dr Extended Cab LB

Love this truck. Only complaint I have is the gas mileage. I have the V- 10 and when it is fully loaded it gets about 5.5MPG. Makes long trips rather costly. Can pass anything but a gas station. This truck is capable of pulling down a house!

Dodges are great
By brad on 05/31/06 14:56 PM (PDT)

1999 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Extended Cab Laramie SLT 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I bought my Dodge last summer and I love it and would not trade it for anything else. It was the best purchase I could have made and I got a great deal on the truck price as well.

Still a keeper
By JJagiella on 08/29/05 18:08 PM (PDT)

1999 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Extended Cab Laramie SLT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

Bought this truck new- Brakes are a joke. Had it in repeatedly while it was still under warranty; they never got it right. I've got 100k on it now with the 4th brake job coming up. And the ABS is anti-braking skid system...the rears lock up easily. But it goes through anything (I live on a farm, and this truck works!!)The gas mileage still isn't real good, but is actually better than when it was new. (no, I didn't have the money for the diesel) Since I drive a car to and from work (my real job) the truck only puts on about 10-12k/year now, so I'll probably have this truck another 5 years or so- it does everything I need it to do, which is mostly pulling heavy trailers.

Good old truck
By Gary on 03/27/05 20:14 PM (PST)

1999 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Extended Cab Laramie SLT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

I have owned this vehicle since it was new. If I had to complain about anything it would be the brakes. I have full ABS brakes. I am doing the first brake job at 60k, My '92 had at least 50% brakes left when I traded it in at 85k. The truck has been very dependable and is comfortable to drive on long trips. Other than that I think the brakes are a little lacking, I love the truck.

If it runs - run it!
By kandb on 12/18/04 18:21 PM (PST)

1999 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Extended Cab ST 4dr Extended Cab LB

Purchased the 2500 SLT LB - 2 w.d. primarily to get the Cummins Diesel. Unbelievable power - and I tow quite often. Interior roomy - back of truck is constantly packed with over 4000 lbs. of business equipment. Runs very very well. Fit and finish of Dodge chassis/body a little unimaginative - but then we've owned Mercedes and Toyatas in the past and are accustomed to a bit more in that area. Wish Cummins would sign a deal with the Dodge Sprinter folks to put one of those power packs in that model instead of the little 2.75 litre Mercedes Diesel. That would REEEEELY be a truck!

The Best Pickup
By Ramman Quad on 05/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Extended Cab Laramie SLT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

Out of the three top American light duty truck builders this 1999 Ram 2500 HD has been the most dependable truck I have ever owned. I curently have 192,000 miles on it and have had no problems with it . I bought it 10 miles on it, actually it had 3 miles on it I put 7 on test driving it and I am the only one who has driven it and I beleive this truck will be with me a long time. I have no intention of selling it . Lets put it this way at 5 years old and 192,000 miles my cost of maintenance is a little over $1800.00.