1998 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Consumer Review: Darn good truck!

1998 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Extended Cab - Consumer Review

Darn good truck!
By wlollar on

1998 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Laramie SLT 4dr Extended Cab SB

Bought this truck used from a trusted dealer. Only wish I had bought a 4WD version. The Cummins engine has performed extraordinarly well. Only problems I've encountered was with the A/C system and starting to have fuel pump issues, but with 200k miles, it was to be expected. This will be the drawback because the total fuel pump replacement is VERY pricey, between $2000/$3000. If your looking for torque, this is the truck. I pull a 14,000lb 5th wheel camper with ease. The engine/drivetrain still does not leak a drop of anything on my driveway!

Plenty of leg room and drivers seat comfort. Dash, instruments, and controls laid out well and not complicated.

Large windshield post on drivers side impairs visibility. A/C vents need a open/close feature. Foldaway cupholder rattles when in the open position.
By gary174
on 01/19/13 14:20 PM (PST)

before you go out and buy the injector pump have your lift pump checked. I own the same truck and I was going down the highway and the lift pump went out. I thought it was the injector pump too. and also have your fuel relay fuse checked had one of those go out too at the same time.